Consoles or PC?

What do you think is best gaming platform?

• Home Consoles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Handheld

• PC

• Total voters

Enzozero187

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
It's all about consoles baby!!!! and portables
gbasp.gif
yaynds.gif
yaypsp.gif

fischju_original

I used to be a jerk before i got banned
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.dpgdownloads.com
XP
Country
United States
Console have much more variety though, out of the thousands of pc games, none feature much difference. Innovation? Yes, Uniqueness? NO!

HAHAHAHAHA

PCs have the most UNIQUE games anywhere. Fact.

Anybody can make a PC game, and there are some very unique ones

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to have to say computer, but I like the privacy consoles give me, playing around other people isn't very relaxing but I am willing to give up that comfort for some really unique games (as well as emulators).

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I rarely play games on my PC. I have an xbox 360 and a wii to do that. You know with the xbox 360, you put the disc in and it plays. A PC needs a lot of upgrading over a 5 year period to play the latest games. A console doesn't and the life of the console will be 5 years or more.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Console have much more variety though, out of the thousands of pc games, none feature much difference. Innovation? Yes, Uniqueness? NO!

HAHAHAHAHA

PCs have the most UNIQUE games anywhere. Fact.

Anybody can make a PC game, and there are some very unique ones

I think youre missing my point and mixing up the words. I meant to say that all the PC games are good but are kind of limited to just increase in graphics and a different approach to the gameplay/story while console games get many addons and such
Are you telling me that there is a PC equivalent of Guitar hero, DDr, singstar?
Thats what i meant by unique. Katamari damacy is innovative because it is good, new, fun and different and so is Crysis while The wii is unique becuase it is completely different approach to gaming

looneyboy784

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I vote PC for a variety of reasons.

1: Backwards compatibility. I run Vista and I can still play old games like Doom, MDK and TIE Fighter. Obviously some even older DOS games are broken but that can be remedied with DOS Box.

2: The graphics and volume of games and controls. On a PC you can use a keyboard and mouse which is generally accepted as the best controls for a FPS or RTS. The selection of games is huge with multiplayer classics such as CS/CS Source and UT2K4. Graphics on the PC varies from crap to amazing depending on the money you spend and the developers effort.

3: User created Mods

4: Long term use. A high end gaming rig can be expensive but you can make on last about 5 years and after that it can be relegated to other uses such as a file server or with the increasing system requirements of MS Office it could be used as a word processor

Obviously if you are a casual gamer and you don’t need the best graphics, the widest selection of games and want the fewest problems plus you don’t need to play the copy of King’s Quest anymore, console gaming is for you. They are cheaper have the same working life as a PC and require no technical knowledge to get the most out of.

fischju_original

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.dpgdownloads.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I think youre missing my point and mixing up the words. I meant to say that all the PC games are good but are kind of limited to just increase in graphics and a different approach to the gameplay/story while console games get many addons and such
Are you telling me that there is a PC equivalent of Guitar hero, DDr, singstar?
Thats what i meant by unique. Katamari damacy is innovative because it is good, new, fun and different and so is Crysis while The wii is unique becuase it is completely different approach to gaming

Stepmania? Frets on fire? You can even you the dance pad/guitar from the console versions. Almost every controller for a console can be hooked up to a PC

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
I dont want to turn this into some fanboy debate, what i just meant to say was that i dont see the PC industry changing as much and as rapidly as the console system, and thats why i prefer consoles.

btw. those games were inspired on said franchises i had named before
tongue.gif

fischju_original

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.dpgdownloads.com
XP
Country
United States
I dont want to turn this into some fanboy debate, what i just meant to say was that i dont see the PC industry changing as much and as rapidly as the console system, and thats why i prefer consoles.

btw. those games were inspired on said franchises i had named before
tongue.gif

Are you kidding? New consoles come out every 4 or 5 YEARS, and PC gets a new generation every 6 months

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I like the buzz that surrounds the arrival of a next-gen console. And I get to experience a massive leap in gaming every 5 years!
smile.gif

PC gamers don't have that kind of event coz there's always a steady stream of new technology being released.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm 100% for consoles myself. No hassle, plug n' play gaming for 5 years at a time
smile.gif
What that guy said
smile.gif
I'm not a fan of fussing over system requirements and constantly replacing perfectly good working parts with upgraded ones, it's such a waste. I'll keep my 5 year old laptop and leave the games to the PS2 and DS thanks
smile.gif
And assuming it doesn't break, I can get that PS2 out in 10 years time and play everything I can today; no 98% emulation, no wrong OS, just plug it in and off it goes same as it always did. Excellent stuff.

[Edit] Perfect timing in another thread, I rest my case
happy.gif

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used to prefer PC, but since then I've switched to console. High-def Xbox 360 to me is the same as PC gaming, without the hassle of upgrading constantly!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1