Hacking Console updated by itself even though...

Plaguereign

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It updated even though I am using the Tubehax DNS address posted here to block all access to Nintendo's servers. Can't access e-shop and it displayed the x over the little icon at the bottom. I've seen users in the past post about this. With the kexplot that was just released, I would hate for it to update when Nintendo releases another update. Any suggestions? Thanks

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It updated even though I am using the Tubehax DNS address posted here to block all access to Nintendo's servers. Can't access e-shop and it displayed the x over the little icon at the bottom. I've seen users in the past post about this. With the kexplot that was just released, I would hate for it to update when Nintendo releases another update. Any suggestions? Thanks
Block the addresses with the router's blacklist, don't rely on TubeHax or any other DNS services since they may be down sometimes.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
what if someone hasn't acces to the router settings?
Each router SHOULD have settings.
Simply type something like 192.168.0.1 or something similar (try 0.1, 1.1, etc) in your browser as if you were typing a link.
You'll end up entering the home page for the router.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you know that you have been updated? Were you spoofed before?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Each router SHOULD have settings.
Simply type something like 192.168.0.1 or something similar (try 0.1, 1.1, etc) in your browser as if you were typing a link.
You'll end up entering the home page for the router.
Can't block URL's on my AT&T router, there's no such thing. It's not always an option, which Im glad that I got a wifi SD to stay offline. I'm always afraid of spoofing just to play games online.

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Lucky for you the 5.5.1 kernel exploit was leaked yesterday. Block updates in your router and enjoy using your kernel hacks again.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Can't access e-shop and it displayed the x over the little icon at the bottom.
Just because the little X is showing doesn't mean that it actually updated. It means that it tried to download an update but failed. Do you still have the TVii icon? If you did update fully, you'd have eShop access, but since you don't, it's probably not updated.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This would be one of the first times that I've heard of TubeHax not blocking an update. Are you sure that you followed all the instructions correctly? You're not supposed to fill in both DNS addresses. Just the first.

Turn off autoupdate and all those other settings too.

Also, can you confirm that you have actually updated? Can you access the eshop on a cold boot without error?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
not on modern router where yo have to call people because only they knows the login infos
The routers usually have dumb as fuck login users and passwords.
Simply look at what kind of router you have, and look in the internet for the info for it.
it's usually something like user-password or admin-password, etc.

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
Simply look at what kind of router you have, and look in the internet for the info for it.
nope, it's a numeric one with random nubers in it and changes for every router. (FRITZ!BOX)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you leave the second address blank then the wii u will fail to access anything online in the event that tubehax goes down. It's a precautionary measure.
gonna remove it now

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
nope, it's a numeric one with random nubers in it and changes for every router. (FRITZ!BOX)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

gonna remove it now
He's correct its usually something like admin-password. In my case it was admin-telus.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What he's saying is that EVERY router comes with a default user and pass. If you don't change it then you have to google what that is. You usually can find it the manual or written on the bottom of the router itself

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.