Hacking Console (unpatched) no longer injecting payloads

KilwaAston11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Console is unpatched and is in autorcm, TegraRcmGUI is recognizing it. I was running SX before perfectly fine before taking the sd card out to add something. Now I'm coming to an issue where payloads won't launch. I tried reformatting the sd card to both exFat and fat32, with only the license files and boot.dat, but to no avail. Tried using different USB ports, nothing. I can't launch the SX payload, or any other payload. Are there any other methods that I can perhaps try?

Edit: I tried a couple of SD cards, but nothing.

Last edited by KilwaAston11,

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try running the Fusée Gelée sample payload: http://misc.ktemkin.com/fusee.bin

It can completely run without a microSD inserted at all. All it does is basically print some text to the screen. This will tell you whether or not you can run any payloads at all, regardless of the state of your microSD.

Also, I've had some instances with one of my laptops where the USB port only works sporadically for sending payloads, and when it doesn't work, the entire Switch freezes and even though it's detected as "RCM Mode" I can't get it to run any payloads until I hold the power button for 10 seconds to fully power it off, then try again.

So yeah, try the sample payload, and try forcing your console to turn off by holding power for 10 seconds.

spelda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
A few days ago I was adding some stuff to my SD as well and after trying to send a payload via my Mac it wasn't working at all and i got really paranoid lol
Tried different methods and different usb-c cables as well but nothing worked. Then tried it on my brothers computer running windows and it worked. Just try different methods and I hope it'll help.

KilwaAston11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check your cable, try another usb port.
I've tried different USB ports, but nothing. I haven't tried another cable, however.

Try running the Fusée Gelée sample payload: http://misc.ktemkin.com/fusee.bin

It can completely run without a microSD inserted at all. All it does is basically print some text to the screen. This will tell you whether or not you can run any payloads at all, regardless of the state of your microSD.

Also, I've had some instances with one of my laptops where the USB port only works sporadically for sending payloads, and when it doesn't work, the entire Switch freezes and even though it's detected as "RCM Mode" I can't get it to run any payloads until I hold the power button for 10 seconds to fully power it off, then try again.

So yeah, try the sample payload, and try forcing your console to turn off by holding power for 10 seconds.
I've tried the hard reset (holding the power button down for 60 seconds actually lol, but no luck. I will give the sample payload a try, thank you!

Why I'm having this feeling that you accidentally updated your switch and now it's not on auto RCM.
Tegra is detecting autorcm so idk why you have that feeling.

A few days ago I was adding some stuff to my SD as well and after trying to send a payload via my Mac it wasn't working at all and i got really paranoid lol
Tried different methods and different usb-c cables as well but nothing worked. Then tried it on my brothers computer running windows and it worked. Just try different methods and I hope it'll help.
This.. I am using a Mac but running windows via Virtual Machine. That could possibly be the issue.

spelda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
I've tried different USB ports, but nothing. I haven't tried another cable, however.

I've tried the hard reset (holding the power button down for 60 seconds actually lol, but no luck. I will give the sample payload a try, thank you!

Tegra is detecting autorcm so idk why you have that feeling.

This.. I am using a Mac but running windows via Virtual Machine. That could possibly be the issue.
And did something work out for you?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...