Hacking Console stuck on 11.0.0-4E .. Is there anything that can be done?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I've got a console with above FW. Soundhax obv doesnt work, neither does browser. Is there anything that can be done? Console is not mine, so dont blame me for not reading the instructions .. pretty obvious they were stupid for cart updating at 2.1 or something (im not really sure what they did to get to this point).

I have a New 3DS on my own with A9LH on it (not updated to B9S.). Is there anything I could do with that? What if I had a compatible game with a hack installed onto it? Would I be able to get into HBL by using the said game? (I dont have such game on me so I cant actually test it..).

Is there a game cart that could be used to update the console with to 11.2 or 11.3 in order to still do soundhax and would this option even work on a console that seems to have frankenfirm? The 11.5 option isn't obviously viable as it requires another console, and the ntrboothax exploit isnt released yet.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there a game cart that could be used to update the console with to 11.2 or 11.3 in order to still do soundhax and would this option even work on a console that seems to have frankenfirm?
Updating from a game card IS THE CAUSE of your "frankenfirm", and no, gamecard updates don't include 3DS Sound

That said, hardmod works on any imaginable released version, so does DSIware transfer (after updating to current version) since you have a hacked console and probably have 2 dollars :) is that an o3ds?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Updating from a game card IS THE CAUSE of your "frankenfirm", and no, gamecard updates don't include 3DS Sound

That said, hardmod works on any imaginable released version, so does DSIware transfer (after updating to current version) since you have a hacked console and probably have 2 dollars :)

The console has 3DS Sound and it works. But, theres no payload for this FW so I cant get into HBL I just get the error where the app crashes and the console restarts.

DSiWare transfer does not work because my console is N3DS, this console is O3DS, and you cant transfer from New to Old right?

I dont have the skills nor tools for hardmod sadly, and iirc there's no NAND backup for the console so what would a hardmod even do?

Last edited by Distrance,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
DSiWare transfer does not work because my console is N3DS, this console is O3DS, and you cant transfer from New to Old right?
Yep, imagined that

The console has 3DS Sound and it works. But, theres no payload for this FW so I cant get into HBL I just get the error where the app crashes and the console restarts.
The exploit chain from a random app to HBL is complicated and involves synchronized versions of multiple system apps which you don't have...

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yep, imagined that

The exploit chain from a random app to HBL is complicated and involves synchronized versions of multiple system apps which you don't have...

Which translates to: There's nothing that can be done? A cart update to 11.3 would not work then? If so best bet would be to update to 11.5 (if it even works ..) and wait for ntrboothax then ..

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Which translates to: There's nothing that can be done? A cart update to 11.3 would not work then? If so best bet would be to update to 11.5 (if it even works ..) and wait for ntrboothax then ..
Hardmod as I said is a valid option, so are dsiware transfer (not from your console indeed) and ntrboothax (on any version)

Card updates again only include the base OS required to give game compatibility (with the curious exception of 2.2 which included a friends list update), definitely not 3DS Camera or Sound (you have the version originally released with 2.1, soundhax is supported on the app version matching 7.0-11.3)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple