Console and mobile versions of 'League of Legends' to release next year

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Oct 16, 2019.

1. fanheavy

fanheavy Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2019
    Serbia, Republic of
    League on a controller, that's going to be interesting.

I can relate. If a game is going to make somebody toxic then its league. It got so bad that once that I witnessed an IRL fist fight over a somebody taking somebody's red buff. Ridiculous shit.

2. enderer

enderer GBAtemp Regular

Jul 19, 2015
    United States
    ninja'd

Last edited by enderer, Oct 17, 2019
  3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    They do say the game makes the community, and if this case all you have is obscure rules nobody is likely to learn without being taught, the only carry through being a stat table and each game very much being able to be tanked by a player not pulling their weight then I would see the community being correspondingly awful.
    That said how much it would necessarily be responsible for behaviour outside the game and immediate discussion thereof is a different matter -- people acting like described are either already broken or exceptionally weak minded.

4. YukidaruPunch

YukidaruPunch GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2017
    Brazil
    I couldn't understand half of the stuff she'd say. Her twitter profile was nothing but the game and self-absorbed tweets, on and on, to the point Twitter itself would lock down her profile every once in a while. I don't like to talk down on people but it was unbelieavable how unsuited for social interaction and overall empathy the person was.

I don't find the game to be the cause (I've been gaming for almost all of my life and that never bothered my social relations in such an extreme case) but it was aggravating how everything in her life just ran around it. I guess it's understandable people with social difficulties could go for an online game for both escapism and socializing, but that was a case if I ever saw one.

5. MythicalData

MythicalData GBAtemp Maniac

May 11, 2017
    United States
    I will never play League of Legends purely because I have no interest,
    but also because their ridiculous amount of ads
    Console and mobile port is cool for the fans though
    edit: I mean the ads for the game not ads in the game

Last edited by MythicalData, Oct 16, 2019
  6. fanheavy

fanheavy Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2019
    Serbia, Republic of
    I don't blame the game, in the end you choose how to act, especially in public. It was just weird to me out of all the games I played if somebody was going to lose it in the gaming cafe where i played with my friends it was going to be a league player. No clue what attracted them, i guess it was the popularity and the ads. I never really got bother by the ingame trash talk mute, ignore or talk back just like in any game. Heard the community got better overall as time passed I just got bored of MOBAS. I might try the mobile version just to see how well it adapts to mobile.

7. snobbysteven

snobbysteven Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2019
    United States
    Chicago
    Since Riot is owned by Tencent and Tencent already has a super successful mobile moba (arena of valor). I imagine that this "league of legends mobile moba" is going to pretty much be a re-skinned version of arena of valor. Which is not a bad thing because arena of valor is a great mobile game. I just don't expect this to be a brand new from the ground up game. Still super excited for it!

8. sks316

sks316 Professional Shitposter (also I help sometimes)

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Windows XP background
    You mean, it wasn't on console and mobile already?

9. Snugglevixen

Snugglevixen Princess of Cuddles

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    On your lap.
    If only we had controller controls when the game was still relevant and US owned. I would've been able to play decent.

10. Missingphy

Missingphy Pokémon Master, Console Bricker, and more...

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    This game sucks

11. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    I'm looking forward to this. Especially Wild Rift, I'm not a fan of TFT.

12. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Smite worked on console because the style allowed it to. I can't even imagine trying to play league with a controller. That sounds fucking awful. Mobile should work though if they make the camera suck less.

13. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Why would mobile work where controllers don't? Ignoring that though why wouldn't a controller work? It is basically just a slightly tweaked dungeon crawler and those have long worked on consoles.

14. tiamat999

tiamat999 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 28, 2013
    United States
    Isn mobile gaming toxic enough with the microtransactions. Now it's gonna have elitists

15. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Touch controls are very similar to mouse controls. Arguably in some cases they're a lot more precise. You do lose functionality without physical hotkeys though. But I bet a peripheral would fix that.
    Aiming a great many skills with a an analog stick will not be fun at all
    Some champions will be fine if they don't have aimed skills. But any who do will be awful.

16. AbyssalMonkey

AbyssalMonkey GBAtemp Fan

Jun 5, 2013
    Antarctica
    Prox
    I despise League and Riot for different reasons. Their games is a total trash heap of missing QoL features and invasive functions, and the company takes a "You need to play the game the way we want you to" stance. Not only is it missing a default screen option in the graphics menu, so the game will always open on the screen you select (it currently polls the hardware for first available video input and displays there, so you have to switch your cables on your gpu to fix this), and when asked if they ever have any intention of fixing it, they suggest to "Change your primary display on windows", because my workflow needs to be dictated around your fucking game. The anti-cheat they have implemented scans your entire system memory, including your browser for flagged content, which means if you have a cheat engine wiki, or even googled cheat engine, the game will crash on loading. That can go fuck itself too. No forced aspect ratio for monitors means that my 16:10 monitor will always have it's edges clipped in their forced aspect ratio camera. The sound profile isn't locked by the program, so every new game windows creates a new process for the game with a new sound profile, meaning that my system settings get screwed.

I'll leave this one by itself and enough alone: they peddle lootboxes and infinite levelling to increase your sunk cost immersion. Hard no. Maybe fix your features instead of peddling this shit? Maybe that would make people play more?

The company wants to get rid of it's toxicity, but their culture and attitude encourage it. If you think the rest of their games are going to be any different, I'm going to laugh. The only thing that would surprise me is if the TCG is an LCG where you only need to spend $30-$60 on every new season, instead of the hundreds that they are going to force you to spend on their lootboxes skinned as card packs.

Oh, and the new animation they are making is 3DCG, and that shit gives people headaches.

17. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    Id like to see how console gamers can beat pc players..... Mouse controls are way superior then controllers.

18. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    They... won't? Wild Rift won't be cross-platform.