Hacking Considering how far we have come into 3ds hacking, what are some things we still don't know?

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This came as a random thought to me out of the blue when I was installing a9lh on yet another friends N3ds, and he asked what I know about how the 3ds actually works, so I explained to him how each prossecor works, how SD content is decrypted, etc.

But, now I'm just thinking, considering how far we've come into 3ds hacking, what don't we actually know? Or do we know next to everything about it? What are some 3ds hardware mysteries that we can't get around?

Lml sorry for being a windbag, but I kinda just had to ask

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This came as a random thought to me out of the blue when I was installing a9lh on yet another friends N3ds, and he asked what I know about how the 3ds actually works, so I explained to him how each prossecor works, how SD content is decrypted, etc.

But, now I'm just thinking, considering how far we've come into 3ds hacking, what don't we actually know? Or do we know next to everything about it? What are some 3ds hardware mysteries that we can't get around?

Lml sorry for being a windbag, but I kinda just had to ask
I miight be completely wrong, but bootrom.

trinhno

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Unlock bootrom and run Android on the 3DS :)))))
If I'm not wrong, the 3DS OS is actually running on a Linux kernel.

I think there was someone raising funds to do an electron micrograpahy of the 3DS bootrom

D

Deleted User

I'm not really shure.I didn't think the 3ds would go past emunand and here we are with sdless a9lh running luma

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thing is, no one's ever tried making an emulator and optimizing it enough to see if anything is playable.
Lml if the n3ds is as strong as its perceived to be, what about gcn :D

Just kidding, prolly not gonna happen. No Nintendo system actually has the raw power to fully emulate the gcn

Last edited by Sketchy1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte