Hacking Considering buying a Vita, have some questions.

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi all,

I am considering buying a Vita. Here are some questions:

1) Do I have to worry about fw version? Or are all of them hackable?
2) Do I need any extra tools to hack it or can it all be done with software?
3) Can Vita play PSP games once hacked? And I mean natively (without compromises like low framerate)
4) Can Vita emulate any of the more recent consoles (like PS2)?
5) Whats a good price for a new Vita these days?

Thanks!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. get a system on 3.60 or below. it doesn't matter if it's an old phat, slim or a pstv
2. no, henkaku can be done with software alone
3. yes, with adrenaline
4. not ps2, but u can play psx games with adrenaline
5. not really sure. the price has gone up for hackable systems.

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
1. get a system on 3.60 or below. it doesn't matter if it's an old phat, slim or a pstv
2. no, henkaku can be done with software alone
3. yes, with adrenaline
4. not ps2, but u can play psx games with adrenaline
5. not really sure. the price has gone up for hackable systems.

Thanks for quick reply. Have you tried any adapters that would let you use a standard micro SD so that one doesnt have to pay an insane amount of money for proprietary memory card? These exist for PSP like this (https://www.amazon.com/MicroSDHC-Memory-Stick-Non-Retail-packaging/dp/B00176F2RC) But I am not sure if such things exist for Vita?

If I get a new unit off Amazon it probably will be later than 3.6 version? If thats the case no way to mod it at all? Not even hard mod or something?

When did 3.6+ (whatever version came next and made it unhackable) come out?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they're working on an adapter, but nothing has been released yet. with the pstv, however, u can use an hdd or a flash drive and go memory card less.

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest getting a Vita from Craigslist or OfferUP, and asking the seller what system software version it has before buying (and ask them not to update!).

To check the firmware version:

Settings/System/System Information/

System Software = ?.??

"Settings" is a green icon, often found near the top.

I also reccoment a "phat" Vita (PCH-1000), and not the Slim, since those feel more solid, and have a better quality screen.

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
Get a 3G PCH1xxx Vita with a firmware on 3.60 or below, why the 3G? because right now there is quite some interesting stuff happening with the MPCI-E slot and hopefully we don't have to use Sony's overly expensive memory.

A good price is around £80 and you can't emulate PS2.
Search "Henkaku" to learn how to hack it but MAKE SURE the FW is 3.60 or below.

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a 3G PCH1xxx Vita with a firmware on 3.60 or below, why the 3G? because right now there is quite some interesting stuff happening with the MPCI-E slot and hopefully we don't have to use Sony's overly expensive memory.

A good price is around £80 and you can't emulate PS2.
Search "Henkaku" to learn how to hack it but MAKE SURE the FW is 3.60 or below.
I know there is (well was) a microSD card for the 3G model, but like most pre-orders for items like this, it was sold out practically instantly, and there may not be another production run, unless someone else wants to do it.

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
I know there is (well was) a microSD card for the 3G model, but like most pre-orders for items like this, it was sold out practically instantly, and there may not be another production run, unless someone else wants to do it.
When software support is shown and it is working , I'll manufacture it , simple , my board will just be a bit different with some more options.

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh good to hear! What options? Price? Sign me up - I will want 3

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh good to hear! What options? Price? Sign me up - I will want 3

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
If I get the USB port port working it will have a optional USB port that can work alongside the SD , the SD will connect via a flex so the type of SD can be chosen , the SD board will replace the sim board(where you put the sim in) , just screws in. ~Please refrain from asking me anything further , this is a thread to help someone buy a Vita.

Last edited by TariqSoftDev,

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yeah prices here in the US are $200+ for a new one. I am looking at some imports from Japan on Amazon that are $200. But am afraid they will be above 3.60 fw. It doesnt seem like any retailers other than Amazon and Ebay sell them anymore :/ Craigslist is bare as well. People want $300+ for used on sub 3.60

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah prices here in the US are $200+ for a new one. I am looking at some imports from Japan on Amazon that are $200. But am afraid they will be above 3.60 fw. It doesnt seem like any retailers other than Amazon and Ebay sell them anymore :/ Craigslist is bare as well. People want $300+ for used on sub 3.60
I may be able to get you a 3G PS Vita with fw below 3.60 for around $130 due to shipping costs , I'll have a check tomorrow at the stock, keep in mind if you decide to buy one off me it'll take time to come due to shipping.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet