considering buying a n2dsxl to hack; had questions

blackjack7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello, i'm so sorry, i'm sure these questions havebeen asked numerous times already. i'm still going to try to ask these though, hopefully you guys can help me out :) im also so sorry if my questions are jumbled over or confusing lmao
so basically, i'm leaning into buying a new nintendo 2ds xl, however it is from japan. The plan is to hack the 2ds to be like an english one, and have something like homebrew? so i could download the games i want to play and play it on there in english easily. (1) I know you can hack it to change the region but that disables the eshop right? (2) this might sound VERY dumb and i apologize, but does that affect hacking it? i've never hacked a console before and am not completely sure if i would need the eshop for any further reason. (which leads into the next question) (3) should i take this risk to hacking it? I've always been afraid of bricking it or anything which is why i've been putting this off for years. I know VERY LITTLE of hacking anything. but there's so much games i've wanted to play but never got the chance to, ik i can do roms through a computer but i prefer physically playing the game more. (4) do you guys have any recommendations or tips? like any sources or videos, etc you can link me , preferably more recent, to guide me through it? I'd appreciate it a lot :) (5) is there anything i should get/purchase or anything i should know before hacking it?
i feel like i have more questions to ask but i can't think of at the moment.. i just want this thread to help assure me i can and should do this, you know? thank you all so much in advance for whoever interacts with this :))

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello, i'm so sorry, i'm sure these questions havebeen asked numerous times already. i'm still going to try to ask these though, hopefully you guys can help me out :) im also so sorry if my questions are jumbled over or confusing lmao
so basically, i'm leaning into buying a new nintendo 2ds xl, however it is from japan. The plan is to hack the 2ds to be like an english one, and have something like homebrew? so i could download the games i want to play and play it on there in english easily. (1) I know you can hack it to change the region but that disables the eshop right? (2) this might sound VERY dumb and i apologize, but does that affect hacking it? i've never hacked a console before and am not completely sure if i would need the eshop for any further reason. (which leads into the next question) (3) should i take this risk to hacking it? I've always been afraid of bricking it or anything which is why i've been putting this off for years. I know VERY LITTLE of hacking anything. but there's so much games i've wanted to play but never got the chance to, ik i can do roms through a computer but i prefer physically playing the game more. (4) do you guys have any recommendations or tips? like any sources or videos, etc you can link me , preferably more recent, to guide me through it? I'd appreciate it a lot :) (5) is there anything i should get/purchase or anything i should know before hacking it?
i feel like i have more questions to ask but i can't think of at the moment.. i just want this thread to help assure me i can and should do this, you know? thank you all so much in advance for whoever interacts with this :))
It be easier to answer if questions was like so

And so on

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(1) I know you can hack it to change the region but that disables the eshop right?
The eShop is unusable for you if you're not going to create a Japanese account and purchase Japanese games with it.. And the eShop will be dead soon anyways..
(2) this might sound VERY dumb and i apologize, but does that affect hacking it? i've never hacked a console before and am not completely sure if i would need the eshop for any further reason. (which leads into the next question)
No it doesn't. Now i'm not sure if you can download game updates after you region change the system, probably not, but you can just get those updates online so not a big problem..
(3) should i take this risk to hacking it? I've always been afraid of bricking it or anything which is why i've been putting this off for years. I know VERY LITTLE of hacking anything. but there's so much games i've wanted to play but never got the chance to, ik i can do roms through a computer but i prefer physically playing the game more.
As long as you follow the steps on the guide very carefully, there should be no issue or problem.
(4) do you guys have any recommendations or tips? like any sources or videos, etc you can link me , preferably more recent, to guide me through it? I'd appreciate it a lot :)
No videos. Use the written guide i liked above, and follow the Seedminer method. Do not rush through it, take your time, and do not skip any steps. Still, if you need help just ask.
(5) is there anything i should get/purchase or anything i should know before hacking it?
Nothing, just get yourself an sd card (large one preferably) if you don't have one already, and test it with h2testw (it's in the guide)..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM