Sorox

Master Firo Soul
OP
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well i got a $40 router from radioshack and its the NETGEAR 5-port Fast Ethernet Switch-10/100 mbps-FS605 model.

So i get all excited that ill be able to connect my Xbox360, modem, and computer to this. But everytime i get all of them in, My internet will work fine but my xbox360 says it cant get the Ip adress. If i get the xbox 360 connected to xbox live, then my internet on my computer doesnt work. My dad said something about an IP splitter. 1: Would that help and 2: Can someone provide a link to one if it does help?

Thanks in advance

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorox said:
Well i got a $40 router from radioshack and its the NETGEAR 5-port Fast Ethernet Switch-10/100 mbps-FS605 model.

So i get all excited that ill be able to connect my Xbox360, modem, and computer to this. But everytime i get all of them in, My internet will work fine but my xbox360 says it cant get the Ip adress. If i get the xbox 360 connected to xbox live, then my internet on my computer doesnt work. My dad said something about an IP splitter. 1: Would that help and 2: Can someone provide a link to one if it does help?

Thanks in advance

Hmmm, it sounds like you have an IP Address conflict going on between your xbox and computer. Try changing the IP Address on your xbox by 10 on the last 3 digits. So say its:

Make it:

I can't guarantee anything will work but its worth a shot.

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
OP
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Im not using a static Ip adress though. Im using The one where it automatically gets it from my computer. I tried using static but it said something about mac adress filtering.

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorox said:
Im not using a static Ip adress though. Im using The one where it automatically gets it from my computer. I tried using static but it said something about mac adress filtering.

Oh your using a Mac? Sorry I don't know anything about those.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.