YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a PS4 yesterday, and have a Vita that I'm planning to use homebrew and hacking on. It's currently on firmware v3.60 ready for the plunge.

For some reason though, it won't connect to the PS4 through PS4 link. I think the issue is that the Vita isn't fully updated haha

Can anyone confirm this for me? If so, is there a way to fake the latest firmware so that i can use PS4 link still once I've hacked it? Thanks guys!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Any chance of getting my Vita or the PS4 banned if I use this? My Vita doesnt have any account logged into, but my PS4 has my real PSN
Nope. Local PS4 Remote play doesn't actually require PSN access (which is why this works without having an activated Vita), so you should be fine.

Reactions: DinckelMan

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PS4Relink is what you're looking for.
Thanks my man. Great info. Just run the VPK through the 'molecularshell' then?

I know this is likely to be the most simple thing in the world. I just haven't had chance to look into actually running homebrew apps yet hahaha

I'm assuming (until I have more time to look), that the Molecularshell is similar to the homebrew channel on the Wii and WiiU, or the homebrew loader on 3DS.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
MolecularShell is a file manager, not a homebrew channel.

However, you'll want to install VitaShell first, which is basically a more advanced version of MolecularShell with a lot more features, like USB mass storage support. Then you'll use VitaShell to transfer and install various VPKs.

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Henkaku allows the PSN connection: you just need to change spoofed version to 3.67 in Henkaku settings.
Then, I don't think there is any issue to connect the PS Vita to an updated PS4 (they just need to use the same PSN account).

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Henkaku allows the PSN connection: you just need to change spoofed version to 3.67 in Henkaku settings.
Then, I don't think there is any issue to connect the PS Vita to an updated PS4 (they just need to use the same PSN account).
Uhh nope. You need to use ReStore to connect to PSN, you can't just use the spoofing option anymore. Sony broke the native Henkaku spoofing back when Enso released.

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I kept my act.dat file since PSN changes the activation process (it is safely locked by changing tm0 partition properties). With this configuration, I can connect to PSN without any trouble (but I cannot download PSN content, this is the only thing ReStore give back).
Maybe May those who never activate, they need ReNpDrm?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

However, you'll want to install VitaShell first, which is basically a more advanced version of MolecularShell with a lot more features, like USB mass storage support.

So how I go about installing Vitashell? Do i use molecularshell to do that? Sorry, I've got experienced in 3DS, Wii, WiiU and PSP hacking. Learned a lot about them so i'm sure i just need to get the basics down on this and i'll be sorted.

The noob paradise sticky on vita hacking is a little confusing to me hahaha

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You'll need to download the latest VitaShell VPK, then transfer it to your Vita using MolecularShell by hitting select to enable an FTP server. Connect to the server using Filezilla or WinSCP or your preferred FTP client, and upload VitaShell's VPK to the root of ux0. Then, open MolecularShell, navigate to ux0, and hit X to install the VPK.

That will get you VitaShell, which let's you use USB mass storage to manage content which is usually quicker/easier.

You'll also want to install Henkaku Enso after you get VitaShell installed, as this gives you a permanent Henkaku install that will stay after reboot.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You'll need to download the latest VitaShell VPK, then transfer it to your Vita using MolecularShell by hitting select to enable an FTP server. Connect to the server using Filezilla or WinSCP or your preferred FTP client, and upload VitaShell's VPK to the root of ux0. Then, open MolecularShell, navigate to ux0, and hit X to install the VPK.

Sweet info man, I'll do that later in the week! For now I've got relink.VPK onto the Vita via FTP and installed it.

I'm just a a little unsure on the instruction of how to use it to link to the PS4 without PSN sign in

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You'll need to do a factory reset and link a PSN account to your Vita before continuing, as you'll still need an account linked to use the PS4 link. This DOES NOT require going online, you should be able to just add the login details during first time setup.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You'll need to do a factory reset and link a PSN account to your Vita before continuing, as you'll still need an account linked to use the PS4 link.

It's okay man,
  • I signed out of all PSN related things on the Vita
  • Used Relink to change my PSN name from 'MikeyT1991' to 'MikeyTaylorGamin'. (same as the signed in account on the PS4)
  • Rebooted the vita from Relink
  • Loaded PS4 link
  • Connected using the code on the PS4 (PS4 offline, Vita online)
And that worked a treat! Thanks for your help with man. Didn't need to factory reset it after all :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots