Connecting to wifi without a gamepad

Bagel Le Stinky

the bagel bad smell
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering if there was a way to connect to wifi of just use apps that normally require the gamepad, without the gamepad. My sister recently gave me the family Wii u and for some reason years ago she took the battery out and now she can't get the battery cover off to put it back in so there's no usable gamepad.

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you manage to download homebrew launcher there's a application which swaps the tv and the gamepad screens with it's other idk if that would help

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was wondering if there was a way to connect to wifi of just use apps that normally require the gamepad, without the gamepad. My sister recently gave me the family Wii u and for some reason years ago she took the battery out and now she can't get the battery cover off to put it back in so there's no usable gamepad.
System Settings are controlled with the Gamepad. The question "Do X without the Gamepad?" comes regularly. I don't get it. This thing is an important piece of the Wii U and it is often lost or defective. In your case the solution is easy: Open the pad and insert the battery (and charge it). Are the screws stripped beyond believe or what? (Please upload picture) They are normally easily unscrewed.

Also: Your sister is very smart! Taking out the battery was the best she could do before putting away the Wii U for a longer period of time. The Gamepad would have deep discharged the battery otherwise and self discharge afterwards would most likely have destroyed it by now.

Bagel Le Stinky

the bagel bad smell
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
System Settings are controlled with the Gamepad. The question "Do X without the Gamepad?" comes regularly. I don't get it. This thing is an important piece of the Wii U and it is often lost or defective. In your case the solution is easy: Open the pad and insert the battery (and charge it). Are the screws stripped beyond believe or what? (Please upload picture) They are normally easily unscrewed.

Also: Your sister is very smart! Taking out the battery was the best she could do before putting away the Wii U for a longer period of time. The Gamepad would have deep discharged the battery otherwise and self discharge afterwards would most likely have destroyed it by now.

she said the screws were stuck and she couldn't get it open

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could try a higher gauge screw driver or try with pliers to move the screw driver. you're not supposed to tighten the screws too much for really any electronic. the 3ds, for example, makes a clicking noise when you've tighten it enough (don't tighten it anymore after that).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hi @AncientBoi