Connecting to Wi-Fi with an AceKard/M3

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Ravrahn, Apr 8, 2009.

Apr 8, 2009
  1. Ravrahn
    OP

Newcomer Ravrahn Newbie

Australia
    I've been trying to connect to the Wi-Fi Plaza in Pokemon Platinum with my new AceKard 2i on my DSi, and it's not working. It also failed to work with my M3 on my DS Lite. When I try, I get Error Code 52100, but if I try without the card (ie. DSi's web browser, DSi Shop) it works fine. Because it works without the card, I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with the router, and because I have a friend with an M3 who can connect, I know it's not a problem with the card.

Does anyone know what this is, and is there a way to fix it?

Rav

EDIT: Wi-Fi works on my DSi with the AceKard in (on the DSi's web browser) but not on any games on the AceKard itself.

2. Pavichokche

Newcomer Pavichokche Advanced Member

Canada
    Most likely the encryption on your router is WPA or WPA2, just like on mine, since I have the EXACT SAME problem. Unfortunately there is not much you can do right now other than change the settings on your router to a more unsecure encryption.

When you were setting up the wireless connection on your DSi you had to use the "advanced settings" right???

3. Ravrahn
    OP

Newcomer Ravrahn Newbie

Australia
    No, I searched and selected my router. It worked after that.

And thanks, I might try doing that, or at least find out more about what it'd mean for security.

Rav

4. CoNS

Newcomer CoNS Member

Denmark
    I have the exact same problem as OP. I am on DSi System Menu 1.4E and have an Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.5.

I can connect to the web via the normal DSi internet browser, but I get error code 52100 when trying to connect to Nintendo WiFi through a game run from my Acekard 2i.

I seems that the problem is that my router used WPA encryption, which apparently is supported by DSi mode, but not DS mode (and all games run from a flashcart like Acekard 2i are run in DS mode). The solution seems to be to change the router setting to WEP security instead if you can live with having a weaker encryption regime.

I found the following text in the AKAIO Wiki very useful:

How do I get my NDS on Nintendo Wi-Fi?
    First you must configure your router. The Nintendo DS Phat and Lite require 802.11b. You can set your router to a B & G mode, as this should also work. The DS also requires that your router is set to channel 1, 6 or 11, according to Nintendo.com. You can choose to use a WEP key or no security, on the Nintendo DS. With the NDSI you can make use of the stronger WPA security, however, WPA will not work when running software in the "DS" mode. In regards to WEP, set a valid key, and make it a combination of random alpha-numeric characters. If you are going to use homebrew Wi-Fi features then make sure you enter a valid SSID and set it to “Public Broadcast.” It is recommended that you disable any range enhancing features, and in some cases the SPI (Smart Packet Interface) firewall.

After your router is correctly configured, run any Wi-Fi compatible ROM and load that ROM's Wi-Fi settings. Select to automatically configure your settings, and the DS will attempt to connect to your network. The distance from the router is important, and generally 30 feet in diameter. The Wi-Fi wave travels outward and not upward/downward. Sitting 10 feet in front of your router or 10 feet above it are not the same things.

5. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    If I remember correctly, you have to hold a button while loading Platinum.

From http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...M_Compatibility :
    3541 - Pokemon Platinum Version (U) :: Problems?; Hold X to boot the old DMA mode. GTS won't work unless you boot it in normal mode(Hold A when loading game)

Can't remember that much about the inner workings of Pokemon gameplay, but does that help?

Edit: Also, most of the NDS games are based on using WEP.

6. GreenBanana

Member GreenBanana GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    So their solution to their WiFi connectivity problems is for you to change your router's security settings?

You're thinking a little backwards here.