Gaming Connecting PSP to laptop for internet

sonza

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi
I have gone through many articles and guides before I have strted posting here.
I read and saw that it was possible to use ur laptop as access point to connect to ur psp for sharing internet.
Let me tell u all the specifications:
I have Windows Vista Home premium
I have ethernet connection which i use to surf net on my laptop
I have inbuilt wireless adapter Atheros AR5007eg
PSP 3002 PB

Now from a guide and Cnet video i learnt that all u need to do in vista to crate a hotspot or access point is to goto network center and setup a connection and to create an adhoc network..to give it a name which will be its SSID and WEP ...
My laptop will show that it has created the network and it will show it has connected but there will be no signal.. besides the status is waiting for other users to connect
when i enter these settings in my PSP it doesnt detect any access point.

PROBLEM CAUSES can be:
1. i dont know if i have to configure my wireless adapter manually or leave it to detect its setting automatically
2. there could be some problem in my access point creation as i also read somewhere that i need to set my wireless to Access point status which I am unable to do as i dont know how to do
3. PSP may have some problem ..

Kindly help me out as I have been looking for this for past 48 hours before posting my problem here..

Regards,
S

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DS and PSP can only connect to normal access points, while most wifi cards/usb sticks can only broadcast ad-hoc AP's.

you'll need drivers with access point simulation to connect a DS or PSP through your laptop/PC.

sonza

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
thanks for replying ..

can you also tell me how to do it ..
i am new to it and pretty confused rite now...

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
can't help you with that.

and it takes a lot less effort to just walk into a computer store and buy the cheapest wireless router available.

sonza

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
thanx.. i have a router but i dontt want to take it along as i stay over 3 places.. home, college and a friends... i dont want to carry my router everywhere..

and besides when it is doable then why not..

thanx for ur help .. nevermind ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning