Connecting PS2, Wii and Xbox 360 to an HD TV

LizardGenes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. So I recently got a hand-me-down HDTV, which doesn't have direct YPbPr or AV ports, but has headphone jack-like sockets for these connections instead. I know I need to buy particular cables for these, but can anyone direct me to recommendations?

I'm not looking for HDMI converters, as those ports are already in use by modern systems. There is a scart port, but only the Sega Saturn can use that because of the shape of its own scart socket head (it's one of those off-to-the-side ones, whereas the PS2 and Wii ones are square and don't fit because the back of the tv blocks them from going in properly).

Thanks in advance!

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
This is what you need. Any brand will do, as it's just a passthrough cable.
AUX-Cable-Jack-3-5mm-Audio-Cable-To-Component-Green-Blue-Red-YPbPr-Adapter-Cable-Wholesale.jpg

redmagejosh

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Which TV model do you have? I’d be careful to make sure the way it’s split doesn't cause problems i.e. the composite and one of the components aren’t shared.

In regards to scart, you could always get a multi-Scart adapter or a coupler so you can connect 2 cables together.

Although I’d still go with component.

LizardGenes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Which TV model do you have? I’d be careful to make sure the way it’s split doesn't cause problems i.e. the composite and one of the components aren’t shared.

In regards to scart, you could always get a multi-Scart adapter or a coupler so you can connect 2 cables together.

Although I’d still go with component.

It's a Blaupunkt 40/148Z-GB-11B-FGKU. Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'm thinking of just going back to my previous tv.

LizardGenes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

LizardGenes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone. So I used the cable linked by nekojosh for my PS2 and Wii, and it works just fine with those consoles. I got the passthrough shown by Necron for my Xbox 360, but using it in the YPbPr miniport gives no signal, even when I plug the white and red cables into the av port. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted User

those types of cables aren't really standardized, so sometimes the yellow cable is actually the red or whatevber, try to swap the cables around a bunch

Reactions: LizardGenes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: