Connecting pokemon platinum to wii

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Jp393, Apr 24, 2009.

Apr 24, 2009
  1. Jp393
    OP

Newcomer Jp393 Member

Canada
    Is it safe to do it with any of the slot 2 cards?
    I'm using a cyclo right now, and from what i heard, you gotta add some nintendo email to your wii first.
    My wii is also soft modded.. Is there any risk?

Thanks in advance!

2. Nintendude92

Member Nintendude92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    No cards connect to Wii successfully. And the development teams have deemed it as unnecessary. I disagree, but I do have a pokemon game card so I'm not complaining too much..

3. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    What are you talking about. Some flash cards like the CycloDS connect to the wii fine.

4. Jp393
    OP

Newcomer Jp393 Member

Canada
    Yah I got the cyclo and it connects fine.
    I've only tried it with pokemon revolution on the wii and the pokemon ranch game.
    I just wanted to know if anyone gave it the thumbs up but i'll just try it and post the results for anyone else who might want to know.

5. Eon-Rider

Member Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    I don't think you guys know what he's talking about. I believe he's referring to the option in the "Continue, New Game etc." screen that allows you to connect your Wii to your DS. And it's definitely possible with the CycloDS Evolution because I've done it myself successfully.

I don't see why other flashcarts would have trouble either since it's just a basic wi-fi connection; the flashcart isn't actually communicating to the Wii directly.

6. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    The reason why some carts dont work is the way that the game is read. It is just like the issues we used to have with downloading a demo to a firend. The flash Card edited the way the game is read and changes the signal to be slightly different.

7. nicman000

Newcomer nicman000 Advanced Member

Australia
    Took so long replying that I didn't notice he had already answered the question.
    [​IMG]

8. Jp393
    OP

Newcomer Jp393 Member

Canada
    Haha well sirs, I must say Eon-Rider is right, it worked fine for me as well.
    With so little fun games being released for the wii,its finally getting some usage.
    Thanks for the help guys