Connecting online with a DSTWO + 3DS + WPA Connection?

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Eski, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Eski
    OP

Eski GBAtemp Regular

May 14, 2008
    United States
    So, yeah, I've tried going online with Pokemon W2 and I just realized that my wireless internet is WPA. However, I'm using a 3DS and can connect to it outside of Pokemon W2. I'm currently using a Supercard DSTWO and have wiped the connections from the normal DS Wi-fi connection menu.

Any way I can connect to my current connection? Or will I have to change it to WEP?

Oh, and is WEP really that unsafe? I didn't have problems in the past when I had it.

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Because the DSTwo works in DS Mode only, you can only use WEP to play games online.

3. Eski
    OP

Eski GBAtemp Regular

May 14, 2008
    United States
    Yeah, I thought so.

Eh, I guess I'll have to change it then.

4. Captain Library

Captain Library Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2012
    It runs in DS mode only so I'm afraid that WPA isn't going to work.

I switched to WEP for Wifi before and I've switched back to WEP again for Genesect/Dream World/Memory Link purposes. I'm working on the assumption that nobody's trying to hack into my router.

5. Eski
    OP

Eski GBAtemp Regular

May 14, 2008
    United States
    Yeah, I've done it before as well, but that was back when I had my old DS Lite.

I don't think anyone is going to bother hacking my internet, so I'll probably just keep it WEP.

6. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Technically you can use Nintendo's USB Ni-Fi adapter if you *really* don't want to change your router's settings or create a new AP entirely using one of the compatible sticks, but that's just going the extra mile in my opinion.