Connecting 3DS to PC via Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by Jao Chu, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Jao Chu
    OP

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Hey guys.

We all know it's common knowledge that the 3DS refuses to connect to Ad-Hoc wifi networks in Windows.

I'm trying to share my USB tethered Internet connection into a virtual access point that the 3DS can connect too.

I did find a tutorial that apparently works to enable your 3DS to connect to a windows PC.
    (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/38835-42-create-virtual-wifi-router-internet-windows) (Why can't we embed links anymore?)

It works by using the Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter. I followed the tutorial down to the very smallest detail and when i attempt to connect my 3DS, everything appears to go well. The top left hand corner displays "Internet" and everything, but it begins to take a while and the little animation between the "access point" icon and the "internet" doesn't start. It eventually ends with a failure and error code 003-1103.

I've spent 4 hours trying to get this to work. Has anyone else had success doing this?

(The reason i'm doing this is i need my 3DS on the network to install the palantine CFW and i don't have a router or modem in my residence)

EDIT: I changed the ipv4 settings for the adapter to DHCP and it changed nothing :-(

Margen67 likes this.
  2. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    Go into the adapter settings of your wifi card and make sure there is a network bridge installed.

3. Jao Chu
    OP

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8

My wi-fi card is internal and i went into adapter settings and couldn't see anything about bridging. But thank you.

This a picture of my net and sharing center right now, everything is set-up running sweet, my USB tether connection is sharing to the virtual wifi adapter, it's just the damn 3DS won't connect!

EDIT: It just strikes me as very odd because the grey "enable" bar turns into the blue "internet" word straight away in the top let, but it appears to fail right at the end.

screenshot1.jpg

4. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    This might help.

5. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    Maybe you have to set 'Routing and Remote Access' service (in services.msc) to "Automatic" (and start it if it isn't running).

6. Derverd

Derverd GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2014
    Mars?
    On the n3ds you can connect them in the settings (ability edit/do whatever with all the files on the sd card only though) if that is what you want?