Connect Wii to LCD monitor using HD Box Pro

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Prizm, Nov 17, 2008.

Nov 17, 2008
  1. Prizm
    OP

Newcomer Prizm Newbie

Australia
    Hi guys,

I threw together a video showing how to connect the Wii to an LCD monitor with the HD Box Pro. If you're interested in getting one, you might want to have a look and see if this helps your decision.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ch0ekwciOw

2. lazyguy

Member lazyguy GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    dvigi wii vga cable
    google it

3. Prizm
    OP

Newcomer Prizm Newbie

Australia
    I googled it, and came up with nothing.

Oh, you mean the VDigi cable? If you watched the video you'd know I mention it.

The VDigi cable does not support 480i which some older games require, and I cannot find any evidence that it supports aspect ratio changes. Also, if your Wii is set to widescreen, the Vdigi's picture seems to fill the whole screen - which is not quite accurate (16:10). The correct ratio should be 16:9. As for Virtual Console games, from what I gather it just stretches the image to fill your widescreen.

4. lazyguy

Member lazyguy GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    nope, it's not wither or not the cable supports 480i, it's if the monitor supports it

my vdigi cable doesnt work in my crt monitor on 480i but works on my computer's lcd monitor (via vga)

the the aspect ratio is something the monitor does, my 16:10 monitor cant stretch 16:9

5. innercy

Member innercy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

i got vdigi but never tried it yet. also own 16:9 lcd monitor.. i hope it will produce great quality on lcd...