conivert gameshark/other cheat decice codes to orcana codes (n64)

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Nightmare-Rex, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Nightmare-Rex
    OP

Nightmare-Rex Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    hey i want to be able to convert gameshark action replay n64 eta codes to orcana/wiird codes for wii. i have only seen how to do this for game cube games. i mainly want to do this on orcana of time and majoras mask. the problem is for oot im useing 1.0 wad inject gold, and as well as masterquest so it wouldent be the common codes for oot VC. as well as i want the fun codes like moonjump beta quest eta.

2. Nightmare-Rex
    OP

Nightmare-Rex Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    so i suppose impossable? (bump)

3. goemon_guy

goemon_guy GBAtemp Regular

Aug 16, 2011
    Canada
    Canada
    It's possible, but you'd need a ram-dump from your version of the game.
    Back from my old days in the WiiRD community, you'd have to get this using a USB Gecko on your Wii.
    Nowadays, I'm sure you could accomplish the same thing using Dolphin. (Don't ask me how, I've never used it for hacking).

Also, it's likely that a moon jump code would use assembly hacks, and would therefore require re-hacking, even with the ram-dump.

Unfortunately, unless you do it yourself, it's not likely that you're going to get results, since many people from the code hacking community probably aren't around anymore.