Congresswoman Giffords, others shot in Ariz.

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by chrisrlink, Jan 8, 2011.

Jan 8, 2011
  1. chrisrlink
    OP

Member chrisrlink Rouge Temper

United States
    I came accross this when booting up my intenet explorer homepage is msn

source

any ideas if this was a terrorist attack or just some person pissed bout her actions in congress?

comments?

2. scrtmstr

Member scrtmstr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I wouldn't say it was a terrorist attack. I think it's just another bloke who's pissed off, and who wants to create a massive scené for nothing but attention.

Hope she's going to be allright though. She's in surgery as we speak.

3. chrisrlink
    OP

United States
    wasn't this the congress member that did the illegal immagration law a few months ago for AZ which (if i recall) allowed the police to ask if your an illegal on a traffic stop

4. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Or, rather, gave the police the authority to interrogate you based on race.

5. chrisrlink
    OP

United States
    well now i know the motive (no brainer) btw does AZ have the death penilty? I know VA does last one i recall was the DC sniper a few years back

6. gloweyjoey

Member gloweyjoey who??

United States
    I think that was Jan Brewer, their governor.

7. 431unknown

Member 431unknown Greatness Awaits

United States

Maybe it did, maybe it didn't. I dont have a problem with people coming here to:
    go to school
    get a job
    buy a house and provide a better way of life for their family
    and a lot of other legitimate reasons.

I do have a problem with peolpe comming here:
    to sell drugs
    to mooch off of the american people
    to work here doing any job while not paying any taxes at all.

I have no problem with that law and would like to see it spread to more states.

Illegals immigrants give other legitimate immigrants a bad name.
    If you want to be here so bad just go about it the legal route cause not doing so just gives the impression that your here to do illegal things any way.

8. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It is my opinion that it was only a matter of time before something like this happened. Take, for example, the fact that the right posts pictures with gunshots over their "enemies." Coincidentally, Rep. Gabrielle Giffords is one of them.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

9. chrisrlink
    OP

United States
    well it seems she's alive but a judge a kid and her aide died

10. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    This is absolutely terrible...

I wonder if she'll get better. I hope so.

11. Funkenstein

Newcomer Funkenstein Advanced Member

United States
    Having lived there for two some odd years before heading back up north, I can tell you Tucson is a bit of a rough town in most parts, and this doesn't surprise me. I remember a murder in the dormitory next to mine within my first two months of residence.

12. SPH73

Banned SPH73 Banned

United States
    Jesus this is horrible

13. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    This is something big people, remember that the freshmens where promoted into Congress that's 96 of them. Killings like these are something to look at since this deals with the government. Most killings never kill someone that represents the government, so pay close attention this year. :lecture:

14. TLSS_N

Member TLSS_N Who is John Galt?

United States
    the dude was definitely fucked up, that's for sure. from his youtube channel.

Arizona does, in fact have death row so I hope the bastard gets it!

I can only hope that Gabrielle Giffords pull's out of this alive, there have already been enough deaths, even that of a 9 year old child. god bless them all.

15. 431unknown

United States
    I don't know if your referring to me and personally I really don't care as I don't want to fight over political beliefs.

I just want to say that I don't condone this one bit and I hope the fucker fries too. It's one thing to disagree with your government and it a whole other thing go shoot your Representative over something you don't agree with.

I don't know if this dude voted or not but those who don't can only blame themselves for things that they don't like.

16. Hanafuda

Member Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States

what a bunch of BS. There's no evidence this guy was anything but just crazy as hell. "Mind control" and all kinds of bizarre shit. He probably chose political targets for the attention and headlines. As for your pic, BFD. They're targets, as in political targets. You're not the first I've seen today trying to turn this tragedy into a political attack using that map ... weak.

17. TLSS_N

United States
    no, I wasn't referring to you at all, I was referring to Jared Loughner. sorry for the mix up, I didn't intend for it to be read that way... and I couldn't agree more!

18. 431unknown

United States
    I have a lot of friends and people I know that complain about the government and none of them go out and vote. It just starts to aggravate me to no end. if you not voting then why are you complain.

Edit: just want to add that every state should have a death penalty and use it. I'm tired of paying for these low lives to keep on living after they do shit like this.

19. TLSS_N

United States
    you are correct, they have no merit.. voting is a sacred practice and all citizens should participate (within the law, of course). you cannot fix what has been destroyed unless you participate.

God, I hope she pulls through!

20. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I am sorry if I offended you; I did not mean to imply that what occurred today was at all backed by any political group. While I wouldn't be surprised if his motives for shooting Rep. Gabrielle Gifford were not political and only for attention, until more information is revealed anyway, the situation reminds me a lot of the assassination of Dr. Tiller and how there were definitely people who needed to be held accountable and weren't.

Also, while the picture meant political targets and I am not saying otherwise, the choice to use gunshots was obviously not the smartest one, as evidenced by the fact that the Sarah Palin people felt that they should take it down after what happened today. Combine the Palin map with Sharron Angle's second amendment remedies, and it is not hard to imagine some nut taking them seriously. Scott Roeder took something seriously that he wasn't supposed to. That is all.