Congress Introduces Bill to Legalize Phone Unlocking

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that not one of their two main tasks?

It is, but they shouldn't be the ones to decide that for other people. People need to be responsible for their choices, not the government. What the government deems to be right may not be moral. People should be able to decide what's right or wrong and should not be up to some toffee-nosed wanker politician.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
It is, but they shouldn't be the ones to decide that for other people. People need to be responsible for their choices, not the government. What the government deems to be right may not be moral. People should be able to decide what's right or wrong and should not be up to some toffee-nosed wanker politician.

So if I decide it's right to stab up somebody, that's my prerogative, and the government shouldn't be able to tell me that's wrong?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I decide it's right to stab up somebody, that's my prerogative, and the government shouldn't be able to tell me that's wrong?

No. But the government shouldn't control every aspect of our lives; with our phones and other devices, we should be able to do whatever we want with them.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
No. But the government shouldn't control every aspect of our lives; with our phones and other devices, we should be able to do whatever we want with them.

Right... well if you can create a list of things that the government CAN and CAN'T decide then we'll all know where we stand.

Ah no... that would be a dictatorship, so we best get EVERYBODY to do that and we'll combine the lists and then we'll be fine.

Hmm no that won't work, there'll likely be conflicts on the lists. Now... I've got an idea. Why don't we get people to form like... groups... people with similar ideas. Say we have all these groups drawing up their own lists of what's wrong and right. Now we can choose the group we agree with most and perhaps make a poll, or vote if you prefer that term, to see WHICH group gets to decide what is wrong or right? Then every few years we can regroup and revote, in case the priorities on our lists have changed?

Sound ok to you?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right... well if you can create a list of things that the government CAN and CAN'T decide then we'll all know where we stand.

Ah no... that would be a dictatorship, so we best get EVERYBODY to do that and we'll combine the lists and then we'll be fine.

Hmm no that won't work, there'll likely be conflicts on the lists. Now... I've got an idea. Why don't we get people to form like... groups... people with similar ideas. Say we have all these groups drawing up their own lists of what's wrong and right. Now we can choose the group we agree with most and perhaps make a poll, or vote if you prefer that term, to see WHICH group gets to decide what is wrong or right? Then every few years we can regroup and revote, in case the priorities on our lists have changed?

Sound ok to you?

Yep, sounds like a blast. Let me know when you're ready.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: