SSF43DE Master
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Last week I bought an Acekard2i and I find out that my place of coice for wii hacking resourc, gbatemp, is also the host of Acakard support.

I am just wondering, I can use either Acekard2i (4.17) or AKAIO (1.4.1) right?

What's the difference between Acekard2i and Acekard 2.1?

Can I use Moonshell 2.x.x to launch ROM?

Tia folks.

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pippin666 said:
Last week I bought an Acekard2i and I find out that my place of coice for wii hacking resourc, gbatemp, is also the host of Acakard support.

What's the difference between Acekard2i and Acekard 2.1?

Can I use Moonshell 2.x.x to launch ROM?

Tia folks.

1) Use AKAIO 1.4.1, not the official official one
2) 2.1 works on the DS Phat/Lite only, AK2i was designed for the DSi (also backwards compatible)
3) Moonshell does not launch DS ROMs by default (you need the AKAIO plugin)

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
QUOTE said:

YES ... akaio would be a better firmware than the official firmware
smile.gif

it get constant update

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
You can actually have them both installed at the same time as well (although it is kinda pointless) by just renaming the old akmenu4.nds to something else... although I think there is a problem when launching from the official acekard firmware into AKAIO though.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
not really as the plugins were based off REALLY old versions of the homebrew. norm asked many times if people wanted the plugin system and no one really uses it and/or writes plugins for akaio. the firmware will be that much smaller, more optimized and faster without the plugins. i continue to laugh at people (don't take offense) who can't open a homebrew and then launch their media file. a few extra clicks seem like the touch of death to 85% of the users.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i hear what your saying but is it really a big deal if you have to open mpc first and then drag/drop, or file > open that media file? does that 1 extra movement of your hand really kill your day? thats the point i'm trying to make...

-another world

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pippin666 said:
To be honnest I know it's not big deal, but I bought the AK2i because of it's plugin features,...

Bummer.

There's no insult or bashing strong enough to describe how stupid that line of thought is.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Pendor said:
Pippin666 said:
To be honnest I know it's not big deal, but I bought the AK2i because of it's plugin features,...

Bummer.

There's no insult or bashing strong enough to describe how stupid that line of thought is.
Explain ?!?!

One of the key-feature and sale speech for the AK2i mentions the plugins feature. It's even written everwhere on the f'ing box, on the f'ing website and on every reseller's website.

You stupid s.o.b.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pippin666 said:
Pendor said:
Pippin666 said:

Bummer.

Explain ?!?!

One of the key-feature and sale speech for the AK2i mentions the plugins feature. It's even written everwhere on the f'ing box, on the f'ing website and on every reseller's website.

You stupid s.o.b.

Key-feature, huh?

The plugin system is not even from the AK team. Afaik, it was Bliss who developed it.

And btw, i've never seen it mentioned as a feature on the official website or the product boxes.

So STFU.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Pippin666 said:

You stupid s.o.b.

then run the official firmware. akaio will never again feature plugins. they are gone for good.

akaio has nothing to do with the official acekard company. norm and smiths get nothing for coding it. it is a homebrew/3rd party software. what is printed on the box has nothing to do with akaio.

-another world

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pippin666 said:
Explain ?!?!

You stupid s.o.b.

Odd. I just the checked the AK2i page on the official Acekard site and I can't find the words "plugin" or "plug-in". Nor can I find them on Realhotstuff or DealExtreme. I can't even find them on my box. I guess I'm a stupid s.o.b too
huh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol