Lupinthe3d

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all,

been quite a while since I last posted anything but I strongly want to get back in the scene.
I picked a vita as my next console to mod. I do already have a Vita for years now, alongside a lot of games I never have time to play and I was thinking to buy a new one to mod.
I found a used vita 3.67 to buy at fairly good price and then I looked at your noob guide and here is when my big doubts started. I will list my questions - quite a few I know - counting on your help:
  • Whit a modded Vita (and backup games) can you play online? are there ban risks? any impact for the account (it's the same I have on PS3/4 so don't want to risk). I have seen you can do PSN spoofing, does this always work? on every FW?
  • As My psvita is at 3.65 - does it even makes any sense in the first place to get this second console? and If so - which one shall I mod? I have seen on 3.65 is permanent so I could transfer my main account into the new one and use current one for modding. What do you think?
  • SD2VITA - I have read you can format the SD either as memory card or as external memory. What is the difference? what shall we do it? and then what about the memory card I currently have?
  • What is Retroarch?
  • Is Vitashell an homebrew? Can I connect my vita to my pc without it?

Thanks in advance

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
  • yes. there's always ban risk but never heard report of someone getting banned by using henkaku
  • iirc spoofing only works well on 3.65 or above. I'm not sure if you can access PSN on 3.60 spoofed to 3.69
  • I'd say use your 3.65 for your hack stuff and update your 3.67 for legit stuff. but that's just me as I have plenty games on my PSN
  • pick one as your main storage (ux0 for vita games) and the other as secondary (uma0 for psp etc). then for example if you have lots of vita games, then pick the one with bigger storage as ux0
  • it's emulator, google it
  • yes it's a file browser. you can use usb and ftp to connect to pc with vitashell, but if you don't want to you can still use qcma (pc app) but I don't recommend it

Reactions: Lupinthe3d

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
if you asked me, I don't know. although I occasionally connect to PSN to download games, I mostly keep my vita in flight mode

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can play online, but then ban risk chance goes over 9000 if you do not own the games. I play online with the games I've bought with h-encore 3.68 installed and have had no problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM