Hacking Confusion on Gateway Emunand

CH1CK3NMAN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am extremely new on the 3DS hacking scene so I don't know much. I have a 3DS with firmware 6.0.0 and I wanted to play Monster Hunter Generations which requires firmware 10.3. Someone somewhere said I had to put my emunand on firmware 10.3. How exactly can I update my emunand to 10.3? I also read somewhere I could update my emunand by just running the Monster Hunter rom but I have been afraid to do it in case something goes wrong. Thanks in advance!

D

Deleted-379826

I am extremely new on the 3DS hacking scene so I don't know much. I have a 3DS with firmware 6.0.0 and I wanted to play Monster Hunter Generations which requires firmware 10.3. Someone somewhere said I had to put my emunand on firmware 10.3. How exactly can I update my emunand to 10.3? I also read somewhere I could update my emunand by just running the Monster Hunter rom but I have been afraid to do it in case something goes wrong. Thanks in advance!
If you have an emunand then update through system settings the normal way while on emunand

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Go to gateway classic mode, then system settings. If you see G3DS in the system version, you can update safely

CH1CK3NMAN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to gateway classic mode, then system settings. If you see G3DS in the system version, you can update safely
I read a guide, please tell me if this is about right (The guide wasnt very clear):
1. Format Emunand
2. Run gateway using exploit with up on DPAD
3. Run rom with desired firmware not exceeding 10.7
4. Update
5. Run Gateway using L1
6. Profit

The guide also mentioned there being some roms with the update partion removed, is there any way to tell if a rom still has the update partition on it?

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I read a guide, please tell me if this is about right (The guide wasnt very clear):
1. Format Emunand
2. Run gateway using exploit with up on DPAD
3. Run rom with desired firmware not exceeding 10.7
4. Update
5. Run Gateway using L1
6. Profit

The guide also mentioned there being some roms with the update partion removed, is there any way to tell if a rom still has the update partition on it?
Actually, I'm not a gateway user, so I can't tell :unsure:

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
1. Open the Gateway menu (take the cartridge out, boot to Gateway however you normally do, and the menu will open)
2. Format emuNAND
3. When finished, power off the system
4. Download Gateway 3.7.1 and put the launcher.dat on your SD card, overwriting your old one
5. Boot into Gateway mode (with cartridge inserted)
6. Open Settings and check it says "GW3D 6.0.0-....." (where ..... is your browser and region code) NOT "Ver. 6.0.0-.....". If it does, stop.
7. DO NOT exit Settings
8. Go to Other Settings and choose update.

Now you have an updated emuNAND.

Do not update (in any way) if you do not have an emuNAND or your console will no longer be hackable.

Reactions: samiam144

CH1CK3NMAN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Open the Gateway menu (take the cartridge out, boot to Gateway however you normally do, and the menu will open)
2. Format emuNAND
3. When finished, power off the system
4. Download Gateway 3.7.1 and put the launcher.dat on your SD card, overwriting your old one
5. Boot into Gateway mode (with cartridge inserted)
6. Open Settings and check it says "GW3D 6.0.0-....." (where ..... is your browser and region code) NOT "Ver. 6.0.0-.....". If it does, stop.
7. DO NOT exit Settings
8. Go to Other Settings and choose update.

Now you have an updated emuNAND.

Do not update (in any way) if you do not have an emuNAND or your console will no longer be hackable.
Thanks! I'll go ahead and do that right away. One question tho, will updating from settings bring me to 11.0 or to 10.7? I heard somewhere that the gateway only supports emunand up to 10.7

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyqoIMLQTzE