Confusion from switch from SXOS to Atmosphere

dibiase

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't really messed around with my switch in the last year plus. And unfortunate had to quarantine for a positive COVID test. So decided to tinker around and update what needed to be updated. Came to the realization that SXOS is all but dead and would need to move on to Atmosphere. I went through a handful of guides and updated the firmware and atmosphere to the newest available. But i tried to play a physical game cart and it would not allow me. I would constantly get "this game card could not be read". I started looking for a fix to this and somehow stumbled upon a video guide transitioning from SXOS to Atmosphere but setting up an EmuNand. I always strayed away from this because I didn't think I had the time to do it.

Well last night I did it. And now I'm stuck. I've looked all around here and I can't really see anybody with my exact issue. Currently I can't inject hekate but can't launch EmuNand or SysNand. I get the following error "A fatal error has occurred when running Fusee. Failed to open sdmc:/atmosphere/package3". I have seen people with this issue and seems that their hekate_ipl.ini was the culprit. Mine is as follows

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

{----Atmosphere----}
[Atmo EMU]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummcforce=1
[Atmo SYS]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
{----Stock----}
[Stock]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
{--- Custom Firmware ---}
[CFW (SYSNAND)]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
atmosphere=1
kip1patch=nosigchk
icon=bootloader/res/sysnand.bmp
{}

[CFW (EMUMMC)]
emummcforce=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
atmosphere=1
kip1patch=nosigchk
icon=bootloader/res/emummc.bmp
{}

So after digging through threads I saw someone say that while setting up the EmuNand it deleted everything else off of their card. I had made an assumption (seemingly stupid one) that it would separate the card into 2 different sections. But seems it did indeed delete the 170 Gigs of data I had on the card. So if indeed this is true, is there a guide on what I would need back on the card to get back to functioning? I did not backup before I did this but I do have a fairly recent backup of data.

So confused any direction would be appreciate.

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I haven't really messed around with my switch in the last year plus. And unfortunate had to quarantine for a positive COVID test. So decided to tinker around and update what needed to be updated. Came to the realization that SXOS is all but dead and would need to move on to Atmosphere. I went through a handful of guides and updated the firmware and atmosphere to the newest available. But i tried to play a physical game cart and it would not allow me. I would constantly get "this game card could not be read". I started looking for a fix to this and somehow stumbled upon a video guide transitioning from SXOS to Atmosphere but setting up an EmuNand. I always strayed away from this because I didn't think I had the time to do it.

Well last night I did it. And now I'm stuck. I've looked all around here and I can't really see anybody with my exact issue. Currently I can't inject hekate but can't launch EmuNand or SysNand. I get the following error "A fatal error has occurred when running Fusee. Failed to open sdmc:/atmosphere/package3". I have seen people with this issue and seems that their hekate_ipl.ini was the culprit. Mine is as follows

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

{----Atmosphere----}
[Atmo EMU]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummcforce=1
[Atmo SYS]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
{----Stock----}
[Stock]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
[CFW (SYSNAND)]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
atmosphere=1
kip1patch=nosigchk
{}

[CFW (EMUMMC)]
emummcforce=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
atmosphere=1
kip1patch=nosigchk
{}

So after digging through threads I saw someone say that while setting up the EmuNand it deleted everything else off of their card. I had made an assumption (seemingly stupid one) that it would separate the card into 2 different sections. But seems it did indeed delete the 170 Gigs of data I had on the card. So if indeed this is true, is there a guide on what I would need back on the card to get back to functioning? I did not backup before I did this but I do have a fairly recent backup of data.

Migrate emunand in hekate.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

{----Atmosphere----}
[Atmo EMU]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummcforce=1
[Atmo SYS]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
{----Stock----}
[Stock]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
[CFW (SYSNAND)]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
atmosphere=1
kip1patch=nosigchk
{}

[CFW (EMUMMC)]
emummcforce=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
atmosphere=1
kip1patch=nosigchk
{}

You need Atmosphere on your SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs