Homebrew Confused on what to do.

Thatonekev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I'm new to the modding scene (Like Newbie new) and I'm very confused on what to do.

So I haven't used my 3ds for a long while after modding it and decided to use it again after a friend wants me to play. I haven't updated my 3ds to 11.4 (It's on 11.3) and I want to upgrade from A9LH to B9S. Can I update to B9S first before I update my 3ds or can I update my 3ds firmware then update to B9S? I also heard about the ban wave and went to check on my friends list to see if I got banned or not, but it's hard to tell as I keep getting the "please update your system" message.

Can anybody help? Thanks.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I'm new to the modding scene (Like Newbie new) and I'm very confused on what to do.

So I haven't used my 3ds for a long while after modding it and decided to use it again after a friend wants me to play. I haven't updated my 3ds to 11.4 (It's on 11.3) and I want to upgrade from A9LH to B9S. Can I update to B9S first before I update my 3ds or can I update my 3ds firmware then update to B9S? I also heard about the ban wave and went to check on my friends list to see if I got banned or not, but it's hard to tell as I keep getting the "please update your system" message.

It really goes either way. I'd recommend updating to B9S first. You'll need to get Luma 8.0 AFTER updating to B9S. There's a page on 3ds.guide for A9LH to B9S.

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country

If you're on al9h with luma 3ds cfw then you should have the homebrew launcher, open then and in there there should be ctr-httpwn.
Run ctr-httpwn wait for it to finish then press start, press start then x to get out of homebrew launcher and ignore the error you get. This by passes the system upgrade requirement allowing you to access the eshop and check the friends list.
That's all for you to check if you've been banned, but to upgrade to b9s follow the guide sks316 has linked to.

Somebody Whoisbored

it's all okeydokey
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can update whenever you want.

Thatonekev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really goes either way. I'd recommend updating to B9S first. You'll need to get Luma 8.0 AFTER updating to B9S. There's a page on 3ds.guide for A9LH to B9S.

If you're on al9h with luma 3ds cfw then you should have the homebrew launcher, open then and in there there should be ctr-httpwn.
Run ctr-httpwn wait for it to finish then press start, press start then x to get out of homebrew launcher and ignore the error you get. This by passes the system upgrade requirement allowing you to access the eshop and check the friends list.
That's all for you to check if you've been banned, but to upgrade to b9s follow the guide sks316 has linked to.

Thanks for the help. I updated to b9s and to 11.4 with no problems at all. And as for the ban status, I'm currently not banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1