Confused & Need Help

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by roflcoptor, Apr 14, 2008.

Apr 14, 2008

Confused & Need Help by roflcoptor at 9:05 AM (1,282 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. roflcoptor
    OP

Newcomer roflcoptor Newbie

Australia
    I have a supercard sd, superkey, and one of the old nds, i was wondering if i can get wi-fi on it to use with my roms,
    i dont have a wireless router but i do have broadband, if i can get wi-fi what should i buy, money
    isn't really a issue and what is a good website to order from?

thanks.

2. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    u could buy a Wifi USB connector from... well i am not sure but will get back to u
    It's kinda expensive but works for every conncetion
    EDIT: I just read it doesn't work for dial up but only for broadband though i disagree with this since on the gamefaqs review, they mentioned specifically that u don't need to worry but since u have broadband U really have nothing to worry about
    Here is one site i got but the price everywhere is expensive and plus it's discontinued so...
    http://www.play.com/Games/DS/4-/731691/Nin...or/Product.html

U enter it into the DS and u will need to config it but i think i will give u a link of a review which mentions all that

3. roflcoptor
    OP

Australia
    awesome thanks, so does that plug into my pc or my ds?

4. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
  5. roflcoptor
    OP

Australia
    shakirmoledina your a legend thanks, i just ordered one and the faq seems pretty good.

6. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    not to burst your bubble mate but the various wifi dongles for the nds have issues. that does not mean you will experience them, and i hope that you don't. but if you have issues after you figure all of the settings and get it up and running, send it back because my research showed me that they don't go away. most people have issues getting there operating system correctly configured to use the dongle, the others have issues with the various install programs. after its working reported signal drop and random outtages seem to plague some of the dongles for no good reason. nintendo no longer pushes the 1st party usb dongle, but they will provide techsupport (1-800-255-3700).

if money isn't an option get a cheap 65$-80$ router with wifi and set it up for your nds. i picked up a netgear rangemax and had no issues with the wifi section right out of the box.

goodluck,
    -another world