Hacking Confused... need general cIOS and loader help

DiabloTerrorGF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did bannerbomb on my 4.2 wii(then used hackmii), got 249rev19 installed, got hermes v4 222(38w/37) and 223(38w/60). So far so good...

Things I don't seem to understand:
When I run a program in HBC, which cIOS does it use? Can I change this? I notice some programs let you choose when starting up....

Which leads into:
USB Loader GX, it doesn't detect my USB drive(although CFG USB Loader does in 249rev19). When I select ios222, it just plain freezes. When I select 249 it counts down. Someone said start it in ios222... uh how?

Another problem is I get a -1029 error with WAD Manager 1.5 when selecting .wads, I tried re-installing 249rev19 with no go. Other suggestions?

DiabloTerrorGF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, what does installing it as ios38(that is correct?) do? I'm very confused as to how IOS's are loaded still. And if your suggestion is to still use CFG Loader... then why should I do it(or does this fix WAD manager?) as CFG Loader works fine already. Or are you talking about install 249 with base38 instead of base57?

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, dont overwrite IOS38.

What he was saying, is install another version V19 of cISO249, but use a Base38 version ov V19/249.

Some WAD managers and other bits'n'bobs want that base for 249.

Quote "Or are you talking about install 249 with base38 instead of base57? " Yes. =)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Riley said:
Install cIOS249 as BASE38. Install Hermes cios. Use CFG-Loader.

QUOTE(DiabloTerrorGF @ Jun 14 2010, 04:27 AM) I was told installing things below ios200 is a bad idea...

What Riley meant is:
Install cIOS38rev19. There's no such thing as a cIOS249, just ignore all people that use that term.

cIOS38rev19 == modified IOS38 (usually) installed as IOS249, using cIOS patches revision 19

Maybe it works better if you use IOS38 as base IOS for the cIOS, but if it does, it just proves how much GX fails. If configurable usb loader works for you, then stick to it, it seems to be more stable and compatible anyways.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Riley said:
Install cIOS249 as BASE38. Install Hermes cios. Use CFG-Loader.

QUOTE(DiabloTerrorGF @ Jun 14 2010, 04:27 AM) I was told installing things below ios200 is a bad idea...

There's no such thing as a cIOS249, just ignore all people that use that term.

ignore the desire to stab ppl that talk about cios249............. its working so far

DiabloTerrorGF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, good. To do this, I need to delete ios249 with ATD, then run the rev19 installer with ios36(needs trucha bug still right...?) and use base38.

So, what does base57 offer over base38 then?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You don't even need to use ATD to clear out the 249 slot in advance. If you use the installer, it will automatically overwrite the cIOS that is already present there.
smile.gif

iirc, the base57 has better USB loading speed than 38.

@wiipower: though I admit you're right, you can't deny that this isn't exactly the least confusing approach to say it. It's true that there is no "cIOS249". But what does exist is a spot where you can install code to. A container...a slot, so you will. And that can be used to put some code in it.

(and yes, you already know that...but I find this kind of explanation better than just saying that others are wrong who claim that cIOS249 does exist).

DiabloTerrorGF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it's very confusing to someone new to the scene. Most guides seem to use base57 now, and when people were mentioning cios38rev19 I was like "wth is that? some very dirty modification of ios38?"(dirty as in something not recommended to be done/dangerous).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself