Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.0u upgraded offline
Running Rev 13a
has USB Loader GX installed
preloader installed on to my Wii

Anyways: Correct me if I am wrong. Average size of a Wii game is around 4.37 GB. With that much games on a USB USB loader youtube , that must have been one hell of a USB storage device. Now, I understand you can "scrub" these Wii games ( I think it's around 2 GB)

Taking a gander at the news( Nov 2008) I see that The 64 GB DataTraveler DT150 retails for $177 while a smaller 32 GB version will sell for $116.

Doing the math here that will only allow 16 "full" Wii games on the USB device, and that video showed way more games. What am I seeing wrong? Or misunderstanding? To me 16 full games for 177 bucks is just not worth it..Hell I can order 300+ of blank DVD's at the same price.

So after you explaining to me whatever I am confused about, can you recommend me a good size of a USB I would like around 50 or even 25 games on it Thanks for helping me out.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no clue wtf you're talkign about in half of that. But I think i get the jist.

I personally have a 250gb HD, I have just shy of 50 games on there. Mostly only the 8.0 and better rated games on IGN. Which means not just random crap like 'We Cheer' and more of the solid titles. My 50 games are taking up, iirc, around 115gb of storage.

The hard drive I use is the seagate 250gb FreeAgent, I got it from Walmart like 2 weeks ago for $72 after tax.

edit: Also some games are extremely small. Wii sports/play and Link's Xbow are all under 1gb. I'm pretty sure even combined those 3 wont even take 1.5gb. One of them, iirc, was only 400mb.

edit 2: I actually googled the random things you referenced. Crazy big USB sticks. I dont think to many people are actually using 64gb usb sticks to load games from. I'm sure there are some people. But ya, they're bat shit crazy or have enough money they shouldn't be pirating anything.

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Hard Drives connected to the USB port not Memory sticks (although they work). For exampleI have a 320gb Seagate Hard Drive with 96 games on it.

BillandAlisha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dancemonkey said:
Hard Drives connected to the USB port not Memory sticks (although they work). For exampleI have a 320gb Seagate Hard Drive with 96 games on it.

I thought these were memory sticks.

Thank you...now to take a gander at Hard drives via USB.

Mist3rJ3r3my

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Games vary from 1/2gig to 4gigs. i pulled out my second hard drive in my pc and put it in a usb enclosure. its 300gigs and i have 250filled with about 95 games on it

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I don't know where you're getting your HD prices from, but those are outrageous! I picked up a Western Digital My Passport Essential 320GB HD at Wal-Mart for $90. Some people even have a 1TB drive, I don't because I didn't want to have to plug it in.

Also, try to get a decent name brand drive, like WD or Seagate, else your problems might be harder to solve.

*edit* Oh, you were talking about thumb drives? lol! Yeah, I don't think many people use those for this purpose.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can't beat my external harddrive, 500 GB forgot what brand for around 80$ 2 years ago.
Black Friday.

Worth it.

Yeah full Wii games have a lot of junk data which is removed when you put it on the usb drives, so that saves alot of space.

BillandAlisha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
El-ahrairah said:
Man, I don't know where you're getting your HD prices from, but those are outrageous! I picked up a Western Digital My Passport Essential 320GB HD at Wal-Mart for $90. Some people even have a 1TB drive, I don't because I didn't want to have to plug it in.

Also, try to get a decent name brand drive, like WD or Seagate, else your problems might be harder to solve.

Reason those price was extremely high, it because It's is a memory stick
11-19-08-dt150-kingston.jpg
( I thought the USB loader loaded through memory stick not a hard drive)

Thus my confusion.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Diablo1123 @ Jun 15 2009, 06:49 PM) Can't beat my external harddrive, 500 GB forgot what brand for around 80$ 2 years ago.
Black Friday.

Worth it.

Yeah full Wii games have a lot of junk data which is removed when you put it on the usb drives, so that saves alot of space.

Good idea, I'll keep a watchful eye out during black Friday. Although I hate waiting in long lines.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Lol, it loads from usb pens, usb HDDs, sd cards in usb card readers(so i heard), sd and sdhc cards. But in each category the compatibilty is not 100%.

BillandAlisha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ossot said:
edit 2: I actually googled the random things you referenced. Crazy big USB sticks. I dont think to many people are actually using 64gb usb sticks to load games from. I'm sure there are some people. But ya, they're bat shit crazy or have enough money they shouldn't be pirating anything.

I thought you guys were bat shit crazy! Which is why I started this post, but never kicked in my head that these were HD.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For me I spend about $90 on a 500GB Western Digital My Book Essential drive. I have 102 games on it right now, taking up roughty 250GB.

Excite Truck scrubs down to less than 700MB
Wii Play scrubs to 110MB!!

There are quite a few games like that. So yeah, it's totally worth it. I was out of DVDs anyway, so I bought a hard drive instead! (lol... as the kiddies would say)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: