Gaming Confused by NNID / Club Nintendo policies/limits.

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) I'm the dad. 46 years old. Have a club nintendo account which has always been run as a 'family' thing, i.e. all points from "N" purchases for me, my wife, my son, my daughter go to the club nintendo account. We've gotten Platinum for 4 years running because of this.

2) Daughter got a Wii U for Christmas. She also has a 3DS. I also have a 3DS.

3) AFAIK Wii U only allows one NNID on the Wii U to be linked to a club nintendo account. I want to link my NNID to the club nintendo account, but it's my daughter who will probably make the most purchases through the eshop. So, does this mean I will not get club nintendo points because the eshop purchases are being made through another NNID, or do all purchases made on the console throw points into the club nintendo account linked to the system?

4) Although each individual NNID can only be linked to one Wii U and one 3DS, does that mean only one of the NNID's on the Wii U (it allows up to 12) can be linked to a 3DS? Or can my daughter have her NNID on the Wii U and also on her 3DS, and I have my NNID on the Wii U and also on my 3DS, all at the same time??

5) Right now, any eshop purchases made on my 3DS or my daughter's 3DS send points to my club nintendo account. Once my daughter has her NNID linked to her 3DS, is that no longer going to work??

If this is going to work the way it looks, NNID is screwing me over bigtime.

Deleted member 329676

All sweet & honeycomb
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that Club Nintendo allows you to add family members. Maybe if you add your daughter to your Club Nintendo account, then she can link her NNID to that, allowing all download purchases she buys on her 3DS to still send the points to the one family Club Nintendo account.

I can't confirm this because I just have myself, but I'd look into that if I were you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.