Hacking Confused as to what flash cart to get...

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CN prices are high ant OOT are higher. Sometimes it takes money to save money. If you really can't swing the funds maybe you should return it. Another option is to sell the o3ds to raise funds. I dont think there is a cheaper option to run the exploit currently. You can run it from sky but that is probably the most expensive option.

I dont know your situation but my advise would be to sell the old 3ds and use some time management skills and go out and earn a little extra cash to keep the new one. It really shouldn't be that hard to earn a few hundred dollars here in the US in your spare time. The improvement in the 3D is amazing.

Reactions: Margen67

darkomen64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i decided to jump in with both feet and bought a copy of cubic ninja.. forgot i had a credit on amazon.. so it didnt cost my anything to get.. it should also be here on monday :) now to just find some 3ds games to put on it once i get it all patched up and everything

And if i REALLY wanted to be a jerk i would wait for cubic ninja to show up use it and sent it back via amazon prime for a 100% refund lol but that just seems wrong..

MonkeyWithAGun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i decided to jump in with both feet and bought a copy of cubic ninja.. forgot i had a credit on amazon.. so it didnt cost my anything to get.. it should also be here on monday :) now to just find some 3ds games to put on it once i get it all patched up and everything

And if i REALLY wanted to be a jerk i would wait for cubic ninja to show up use it and sent it back via amazon prime for a 100% refund lol but that just seems wrong..

you have to keep Cubic Ninja to get into gateway menu...

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I strongly suggest you start doing a lot more reading about flashcarts or you are going to be severely disappointed when you get one.

darkomen64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I strongly suggest you start doing a lot more reading about flashcarts or you are going to be severely disappointed when you get one.

That that post is a prime example why you should not post something after working a 13 hours shift and being awake for 25 hours lol
I was kinda delirious when posting that..
What i MEANT to say was if decided to return the New 3ds i could return cubic ninja for a full refund.. seeing as my original 3ds would not need it because it could use the web browser method

I know that i need to keep cubic ninja for the new 3ds so i can get back into gateway, and i'm 99% sure i'm gonna keep it now.. already ordered a 32gig sd card for it and a case.. and screen protectors..

MonkeyWithAGun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That that post is a prime example why you should not post something after working a 13 hours shift and being awake for 25 hours lol
I was kinda delirious when posting that..
What i MEANT to say was if decided to return the New 3ds i could return cubic ninja for a full refund.. seeing as my original 3ds would not need it because it could use the web browser method

I know that i need to keep cubic ninja for the new 3ds so i can get back into gateway, and i'm 99% sure i'm gonna keep it now.. already ordered a 32gig sd card for it and a case.. and screen protectors..

hope you get some time to play and maybe sleep between all that :P anyways, yea ive got my stuff up on ebay but i may keep it all. love the system more now that i can run gateway

darkomen64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK i got my gateway all up and running and have a few questions.. i did back up my Nand took the file and backed it up via dropbox and also just took the stock 4gb microsd from the n3ds and put in the 3ds box.. and loaded up the 32gb card i bought for it.. formatted the emunand on it.. made sure it says gw9.0x and put a few games on the sd card in the gateway and have been playing with it that way (just in case its asked i have a 32gb card in both the system and the gateway card)

1st question.. a few of the games i have loaded say there is a update available Now am i correct in thinking that i CANNOT download the updated because i'm stuck on 9.0 (cant updated to 9.6 because gateway dosnt support it)?

2nd From mt reading i CAN updated the Emunand to 9.5.. from something called 3dnus.. and kinda walk thought on that.. or should i even bother? is there a easyer way?

3rd When going to check to make sure your in gw firmware in the settings when you leave the screen it dumbs you back to sysnand correct? how can you make sure your in enunand before updating if when you check it dumps you out?

4th this one is a speculation thing.. i know currently gateway dosnt support 9.6 to me its not much of a surprise.. its only been out a week or so right? in the past about how long has it taken them to release support for newer firmwares? or is this a rare thing that emunand isnt supported right away?

5th Is there any work from anyone on the gateway team about this? i've looked at their twitter page and nothing from them sense before 9.6 dropped.. looked on maxconsole havent seen anything there.. but i have seen people saying that they are dropping support for their card.. i dont really believe that but...*shrug*

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
1) Correct but you can install updates as .cia
2) Don't bother imo, you can install 9.4 from Codename STEAM and that'll be enough to run all games.
3) Correct so run update from settings and make sure that you have G3W on top screen. You should only update from settings anyway.
4) For n3ds it may never be released...there is new encryption and stuff
5) We don't know.

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Err, mixed up some info. You can't update from settings atm so run gateway launcher, hold UP and click "boot gateway mode", then run Codename Steam - it'll promt to update to 9.4.0

Reactions: thorasgar

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would i install 9.4 from Codename Steam while only updating from settings?
You can't. Nccom is correct that is the best way to update emunand. But when GW doesn't support the current FW you have no choice. That said probably do not need to actualy update right now to run steam becuase gateway has FW spoofing and there are no real changes that effect gameplay in 9.4

I am not sure about updating from cart but if you have and untrimmed rom hold up on Dpad when you enter gateway mode from the gateway menu. Go directly to the multi rom menu select the game and let it update emunand. After it is all done reboot so GW will turn back on the update protection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: