Hacking Confused aboutTickets for backing up games that I own

demonik420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I own all teh WiiU games that I want to back up. I dont really understand the whole ticket thing. Will I need to get tickets? or does my console already have them due to the fact that I own and have played teh games already from disc?

I'm trying to get everything hacked and backed up currently. Hacked several consoles bvefor but the WiiU stuff is really throwing me for a loop, and I apologise for being scrub.

Want to install Haxchi and backup my disc games that I own.
Do I need to install Sysnand first? or can I just install Haxchi straight from a fresh, unmodified console?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own all teh WiiU games that I want to back up. I dont really understand the whole ticket thing. Will I need to get tickets? or does my console already have them due to the fact that I own and have played teh games already from disc?

Want to install Haxchi and backup my disc games that I own.
Do I need to install Sysnand first? or can I just install Haxchi straight from a fresh, unmodified console?
Quick rundown on getting to the point of running homebrew:
flimflam's tutorial
Buy a Haxchi compatible game. Skip steps 4 and 5. For step 6, obtain installation files from your discs as written, or get them from an app like WiiU USB Loader and resume at Phase 3. Skip step 7 for now.

Remember to run Haxchi's sysmenu option (press no buttons if you followed flimflam's tutorial properly) after each reboot, before you try to install or run anything that doesn't have a legitimate ticket.

For legit titles like your own discs, you'll basically be using Haxchi to launch Homebrew Launcher. You don't need its patching features.

Tik2SD is a good program, but disc titles don't install their tickets. You'll get them when you run disc2app.

If you get errors reading any of your titles, and you want to pull them from NUS, you can use WiiU USB Helper.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick rundown on getting to the point of running homebrew:
flimflam's tutorial
Buy a Haxchi compatible game. Skip steps 4 and 5. For step 6, obtain installation files from your discs as written, or get them from an app like WiiU USB Loader and resume at Phase 3. Skip step 7 for now.

Remember to run Haxchi's sysmenu option (press no buttons if you followed flimflam's tutorial properly) after each reboot, before you try to install or run anything that doesn't have a legitimate ticket.

For legit titles like your own discs, you'll basically be using Haxchi to launch Homebrew Launcher. You don't need its patching features.

Tik2SD is a good program, but disc titles don't install their tickets. You'll get them when you run disc2app.

If you get errors reading any of your titles, and you want to pull them from NUS, you can use WiiU USB Helper.

So, I am still a little confused myself.

Supposed I have a game I own on disc but I wish to dump it and install to internal storage. Obviously I use disc2app and WUP Installer to dump and install the game. My question at this point (and I assume OPs as well) is this: Do I need to run haxchi before launching the game, or did it manage to get a legitimate ticket since it was dumped from a disc?

Last edited by Aroth, , Reason: fixed error

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supposed I have a game I own on disc but I wish to dump it and install to internal storage. Obviously I use disc2app and WUP Installer to dump and install the game. My question at this point (and I assume OPs as well) is this: Do I need to run before launching the game, or did it manage to get a legitimate ticket since it was dumped from a disc?
Do you need to run what? Sigpatches/Haxchi/Mocha? No.

It is not necessary to even run the game before you dump it. The install files created by disc2app under sd:/install/gameprodcode will include the real ticket that disc2app read from the disc. Also, the files that you obtain with disc2app will be the exact same as anyone else's given the disc is the same title/region/version.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you need to run what? Sigpatches/Haxchi/Mocha? No.

It is not necessary to even run the game before you dump it. The install files created by disc2app under sd:/install/gameprodcode will include the real ticket that disc2app read from the disc. Also, the files that you obtain with disc2app will be the exact same as anyone else's given the disc is the same title/region/version.

Yeah I meant haxchi or another cfw/sigpatch thing. Was half asleep and somehow left it out of the post >_>

So assuming I installed it to the internal storage, I should be able to run the game like normal after booting the console just as if I had legitimately bought it off of the eshop?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I meant haxchi or another cfw/sigpatch thing. Was half asleep and somehow left it out of the post >_>

So assuming I installed it to the internal storage, I should be able to run the game like normal after booting the console just as if I had legitimately bought it off of the eshop?
Yes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really...