Confused about the maximum size HD you can use with vwii

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by brollikk, Mar 8, 2018.

1. brollikk
    OP

brollikk GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2018
    United States
    ordered a drive for tomorrow. Thank you for your advice - I'll be doing this tomorrow! Consolidating my 2 drives and leaving it in permanently.

lordelan likes this.
  2. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Let me know how everything's turned out. :)

3. brollikk
    OP

brollikk GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2018
    United States
    everything is mostly set up except the wads on my emunand. I have a few more questions.

I used usbloader gx to dump nand as an emunand on my usb drive. then used the emunand wad manager in usbloader gx to install my wads (doing this right now)

Is there a title limit for the emunand wads? I have over 400 I'm installing and am concerned.

also, I read that NEEK is required to run wads in the emunand - did usbloader GX already set this up for me? Or do I need to follow more instructions? thanks.

4. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    I'm not aware of any limit. That's what it's all about: Unlimited space for WADs.

Neek is some kind of "nice addition" to your dumped emuNAND but is only required for a very few games to run. Most of your over 400 WADs should run out of the box from your emunand that USB Loader GX created.

5. brollikk
    OP

brollikk GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2018
    United States
    i'd like to set this up. any good instructionals? (on the neek)

6. brollikk
    OP

brollikk GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2018
    United States
    so far, my drive is working exactly like yours. 6TB fat32 mbr - both wii and gamecube entire libraries loaded on there. ustealth. also has emunand and wiiware on it - don't have neek - everything loads well - rockband for wii seems to not behave with the microphone - i think i need to switch the IOS for that game.

7. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    That might be the case. I remember microphone stuff needing 222 or 223 or something like that. I'm not sure. You better look for SingItStar or We Sing related threads to get that working.
    Concerning neek just go here:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-4-the-masterpiece-pack-by-abz.336543/page-97#post-7879279
    Take that sneek folder from within the 7z file and put it in your USB root:
    Code:
    usb:/sneek/

Then launch USB Loader GX, select a game that needs neek (like Castlevania), go to settings and chose "neek" as launch method.
    Keep in mind that neek exits to Wii U instead of USB Loader GX.

Thanks again to @Clutz450 for this. He was the one back then that tought me how to use it. :)

Last edited by lordelan, Mar 16, 2018
  8. brollikk
    OP

brollikk GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2018
    United States
    for emunand on vwii you need to dump the nand and copy over a file from what I understand? Where can I see a list of games that require neek?

and thank you for all the help so far.

9. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    You need to dump your nand to emunand as you already did with USB Loader GX.
    Then follow my link, download the 7z file, get the "sneek" folder within it and put it on your vWii USB drive.
    USB Loader GX will detect it and offers you another launch mode for games then.
    Click on a game and then on the small settings button (instead of launching it). You then should see something like "load method", "launch method" or whatever it's called. Use neek here.

A list of games is difficult. I know of Castlevania and TV Show King 2.
    There really are only a very few so try launching all in "normal" emunand (CIOS) first. Only if you find a game not working this way, change it to neek.

Edit: One second of googling brought me here:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiware...atible-with-cios-emunand-require-neek.416490/

10. brollikk
    OP

brollikk GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2018
    United States
    all done thank you.

I looked up this https://gbatemp.net/threads/any-ide...ing-on-wiiu-vwii-though-usb-loader-gx.384786/

how do you go about changing the cIOS per game? Sounds like I need to use d2 v10 base 57 for rock band games

11. brollikk
    OP

brollikk GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2018
    United States
    made another thread about that problem since this one is basically done - and about hard drives.