Confused about IOS and Loaders...

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Caderyn, Sep 16, 2010.

Sep 16, 2010
  1. Caderyn
    OP

    Newcomer Caderyn Member

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2008
    Messages:
    41
    Location:
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Country:
    United States
    Okay. Here's the boat that I'm in. I'm using NeoGamma R7 & R8. I tried using IOS revisions 14 and 17. NeoGamma R7 loads my games, but not codes (I'm NOT an internet cheater, that's lame). R8 loads codes, but gives me "DVD identify failed" (with or without codes). I've tried both loaders on all hooktypes... The game and codes have loaded before when I was on 3.3U so I'm guessing something along the upgrading process got changed.

    I recently made my Wii a 4.1U virgin and followed a guide on another reputable site and I know I did everything correctly. What I'm confused about is how can I find the right combination? I don't want to royally screw something up, even though I have a NAND backup. Primarily, I would like to try to get R8 working.

    EDIT: I'm playing around with all the settings and so far I've found that IOS36 and IOS61 cannot be used. Both cause "An error has occurred" message. While it was booting up, though, I noticed that the loader initialized the disc drive twice. This second init is what's pushing NeoGamma through the "identify failed" message, but when it comes to loa....OSSleepThread just gave me a code dump....loading the game code it freaks out and pushes out the standard error message

    cIOS does not do a second initialization, which is making me think more and more that I need a different IOS249 rev. Can I just load 'em in over each other and try them or should I try one at a time and use AnyTitleDeleter to remove it? I'm so confused with these IOS, cIOS, and loader issues.
     
  2. Caderyn
    OP

    Newcomer Caderyn Member

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2008
    Messages:
    41
    Location:
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Country:
    United States
    Really?! C'mon! What a pain in the ***!

    It turned out it was just a stupid bad disc. It's a Verbatim DVD-R, but the image I burned to it was decrypted... apparently NeoGamma doesn't like them... Now I'm stuck at the safety screen so I just need to find the right settings/hooktype.

    Before this, though, I re-virgined my system and put it back down to 3.2U. Followed the same softmod guide from another forum, but found a workaround for the trucha bug restoration (therein lied my first problem. I switched steps and the installation order mattered big time). It kept giving me an error even when trying to download from NUS. The workaround went through the priiloader installation app. Now I have to make yet another NAND backup for my finally-working-again setup.

    Thank you to this forum and the other forum (idk if i can say other site names so I'm not going to push it...). So much information that it's ridiculous and needs one big consolidation and pruning, but after sifting through and digging deeper and deeper, you will figure it out...
    **Hint Hint to the noobs and people like me who search for a couple hours a day and give up after 13 searches! [​IMG] **
     

Share This Page