Hacking Confused about how to get WiiWare or new shop channel without updating

paulie_m

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have read many of the threads relating to this subject, but I need a little help getting started.

I have a Pal 3.2E Wii with a WiiKey installed. I do not have Twilight Princess.

What is the easiest way for me to get Tetris party on my machine without updating? I dont have any homebrew channels installed or launchers to help. My aim is to get Tetris, I don't mind buying it from the Wii shop, but I can't get into it!

I am confused about what the first step is to get started on getting the Wad manager to run is?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're not interested in homebrew - you may as well just update, and buy it from the shop.

Otherwise, you'll need twilight princess before you can continue.

paulie_m

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds easy enough. I thought that wad manager was an app, didn't realise it could be run as an ISO.

Do you have a link to the ISO?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
iv'e got it burnt on disc, you have to burn at 2.4x speed, and usually it crashes at 99% on latest IMGBURN, as its a 5MB ISO
its fine! don't worry it works. YOU STILL NEED AN SD CARD, with a folder called wad, with the wad of your choice inside it*
I'm trying to find the link, someone else might post it as ive forgot where i got it from...2mins

paulie_m

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got loads of SD cards. I have no idea why I have so many either, I just ended up with them. Got about 15 SD cards :|

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
heh, yeah, sorry you're right... forgot about trucha signed discs with homebrew
tongue.gif

paulie_m

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would the ISO work with 3.3E and WiiKey?

I have another Wii at my girlfriends house which is on 3.3 and I want Tetris there too.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Would the ISO work with 3.3E and WiiKey?

I have another Wii at my girlfriends house which is on 3.3 and I want Tetris there too.
No you cant use the trucha signed autoboot disc of wadmanager or HBCBETA8 youll have to do the twilight hack from zelda for your bitch, sorry hehe
tongue.gif

Burn the wad manger to a disc and it will autoboot on the warning screen, when it starts you just install the WAD.
Use this to autoboot manager, install or uninstall a wad from the WAD directory in your SD Card. If you click Home, it will crash, dnt worry this is normal, its just this version has been made as an iso, which doesnt restart the wii. jsut unplug wii and power back on and there you have it, tetris party to play with your boyfriends, i mean erm girlfriend.

Burn with the newest version of ImgBurn, because it's a 5MB ISO and other DVD burners fail with that size, let it finalise or whatever, and if it takes forever on 99%, cancel it* IT WILL STILL WORK, it just means it cant finish the disc properly as in fail technically, but will still boot up
smile.gif

Good thing about being on F3.2 and autobootable modchips hehe

Oh and give your boy-girlfriend a bitch slap for been on shitty 3.3 lol. hahaha

paulie_m

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for that, have downloaded it now. Burning it now.

Shame about the other Wii, will just have to live with it.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Thanks for that, have downloaded it now. Burning it now.

Shame about the other Wii, will just have to live with it.
Hey no she doesn't, is she on the old 3.3 or new 3.3?
anyway she can still have it, just you need a backup of zelda tp or the original if hers isn't chipped..
Just search for homebrew channel, instruction on how to install it are there in readme etc.
(hey you may get abit more if you sort this out for her) lol might as well give it a whirl hahahahahahah
nyanya.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple