Confused about hacking iPod Touch 4G v6.1.3 Untethered

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by TeeR, Jul 22, 2013.

1. TeeR
    OP

TeeR GBAtemp Regular

Aug 31, 2012
    I've updated to the latest iOS for the 4G iPod Touch and now want to rehack it. I'm preferably looking for it to be entirely untethered. It will either have to be a jailbreak for iPod Touch 4G v6.1.3 that's untethered or a downgrade to something like iOS v.6.1.2 but without SHSH blobs because I don't have any of those. I could deal with a semi-tethered/untethered jailbreak, as long as someone could explain to me how that extent works. I just basically want to know if at my position I'm entirely screwed or not entirely screwed if I want an untethered jailbreak for v6.1.3 4G iPod Touch without SHSH blobs. Thanks!

2. Izen

Izen GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2012
    United States
    It is impossible to jailbreak any device on iOS 6.1.3 untethered with any public tools. It is also impossible to downgrade or restore to any firmware other than iOS 6.1.3 without SHSHs backed up (unless you have an older device whose latest version is prior to 6.1.3). Next time don't update without knowing what you're in for.

If your iPod was jailbroken before, Cydia may have backed up SHSHs for you which can be retrieved using a tool like TinyUmbrella.

You can jailbreak a fourth generation iPod Touch on iOS 6.1.3 using sn0wbreeze, but the jailbreak will be tethered.

3. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    Yes cydia backs up your shsh (if you ever clicked the button on the front page) if not since its a iPod tethered hacks aren't that bad (if there is one yet).

4. bobmcjr

bobmcjr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    6.0-6.1.2 shsh blobs were not correctly backed up in cydia, so they were deleted from cydia's servers.