Question Confused about emuMMC status with Hekate 5.0.1 / Atmosphere 0.9.3 and Switch 8.1.0

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by coolhp, Aug 23, 2019.

1. coolhp
    OP

coolhp Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2006
    Canada
    Hi all,

I'm having a hard time understanding the meaning of "stock" in the recent issue with emuMMC . Is there any way to boot onto emuMMC with firwmare 8.1.0 ?
    My setup is as follows :
    -> Switch is running 8.1.0
    -> Backed up the my NAND
    -> Partitioned a 64G SD card into 2 FAT32 partitions
    -> Used Hekate 5.0.1 to create a partition emuMMC
    -> SD card has Atmosphere 0.9.3 and sig patches

Now, when I enable emuMMC and try to load fuse-primary (either by direct injection or by loading from the Hekate menus, or if I choose to launch CFW (emuMMC)) , I get the Atmosphere logo and then a black screen.
    I'm assuming this is the issue reported on Hekate's git.... but what does "Stock" mean ?
    Is there a "NON-Stock" setup I can do ? Maybe some patch I should be applying to the emuMMC partition ?

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Mad Beggar

2. Slim45

Slim45 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    stock is horizon without cfw.

3. Huy98vn

Huy98vn Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2017
    Vietnam
    You formatted EmuMMC partition to FAT32 too? FAT32 SD will make booting to Emunand TERRIBLY SLOW, you should try wait for 5-10 mins to boot (that's how I I have waited with my EmuMMC on s FAT32SD file, then I followed this guide and created EmuMMC in that unformatted space, it as fast as stock https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/partitioning_sd/

Last edited by Huy98vn, Aug 24, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted