Confused about DS Wifi...

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by CaliforniaBeachU, Jul 12, 2006.

1. CaliforniaBeachU
    OP

CaliforniaBeachU Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2006
    United States
    I don't know if I should buy a Nintendo Wifi Adapter. Where does it go? How does it connect? I thought the DS already had wireless internet built in. I went to gamestop and read the description:

You must have a broadband connection to use the USB connector. Dial-up connections will not work with this device.

This USB connector is for those who don't have a wireless Internet connection, the adapter can plug in to a computer's USB port to create a Wi-Fi connection with the DS. Users can then use this to play compatible Nintendo DS games online.

So if I buy this I plug it in to my pc? But then what? Does the DS just automatically detect it and I can play with anyone around the world?

2. ozzyzak

ozzyzak GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 10, 2006
    United States
    San Diego, CA
  3. CaliforniaBeachU
    OP

CaliforniaBeachU Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2006
    United States
    Thanks for that. That was really helpful? Is there any way I don't have to buy it to where the DS can detect just my wireless network or do I need to have some sort of Wifi to use it?

Also, does the EZFlash 4 Lite Micro SD and MML work with online play and this adapter?

4. zim_

zim_ Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2006
    United States
    the ds can connect to your home network as long as your not useing wpa encryption it can only handle wep 80211b

you can configure it when u are running a wifi game

5. twotime

twotime Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2005
    Canada
    Toronto
    Has anyone had any experience using the wifi connector on locked down networks? I spend a lot of time in hotels and was hoping I could use the wifi Adapter and my laptop to play some online games on those lonely nights. I just worry that the ports neccessary for the adapter to work will be blocked. I usually have to deal with networks supplied by I-Hotel and the like.