Confused about DS Wifi...

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by CaliforniaBeachU, Jul 12, 2006.

Jul 12, 2006
  1. CaliforniaBeachU
    OP

Newcomer CaliforniaBeachU Member

Featured Posts:
    United States
    I don't know if I should buy a Nintendo Wifi Adapter. Where does it go? How does it connect? I thought the DS already had wireless internet built in. I went to gamestop and read the description:

You must have a broadband connection to use the USB connector. Dial-up connections will not work with this device.

This USB connector is for those who don't have a wireless Internet connection, the adapter can plug in to a computer's USB port to create a Wi-Fi connection with the DS. Users can then use this to play compatible Nintendo DS games online.

So if I buy this I plug it in to my pc? But then what? Does the DS just automatically detect it and I can play with anyone around the world?

2. ozzyzak

Member ozzyzak GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Featured Posts:
    United States
  3. CaliforniaBeachU
    OP

Newcomer CaliforniaBeachU Member

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Thanks for that. That was really helpful? Is there any way I don't have to buy it to where the DS can detect just my wireless network or do I need to have some sort of Wifi to use it?

Also, does the EZFlash 4 Lite Micro SD and MML work with online play and this adapter?

4. zim_

Newcomer zim_ Member

Featured Posts:
    United States
    the ds can connect to your home network as long as your not useing wpa encryption it can only handle wep 80211b

you can configure it when u are running a wifi game

5. twotime

Newcomer twotime Member

Featured Posts:
    Canada
    Has anyone had any experience using the wifi connector on locked down networks? I spend a lot of time in hotels and was hoping I could use the wifi Adapter and my laptop to play some online games on those lonely nights. I just worry that the ports neccessary for the adapter to work will be blocked. I usually have to deal with networks supplied by I-Hotel and the like.