Confused about AR cheats - could apply them yesterday but not today?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by chap_o, Sep 15, 2013.

1. chap_o
    OP

chap_o Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2013
    Hi

I'm using a regular NDS, an R4 card and the Wood R4 Kernel.
    I traded some Pokemon between White and Black as my friend was missing a few. Afterwards, I started going about the task of applying a cheat for the Pokemon I'd given away. I already had 4 of the 5 codes needed, so when I pressed Y and then pressed X (whilst in the menu of the kernel) I could apply the necessary code/codes.
    Today I updated my usrcheat.dat file with the last code. Turned on my DS, pressed Y whilst highlighting Pokemon White, then when the next menu came up and I pressed X nothing happened. I checked the settings for the game, turned on cheats, and tried again. Still nothing.
    Anyone have any idea what I might need to do/am doing wrong?

2. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Not familiar with the Wood UI.
    Is the cheat list not coming up, or what's the issue?

3. Pokeman060

Pokeman060 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2013
    Canada
  4. chap_o
    OP

chap_o Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2013

So, with the Wood UI - when you're highlighting the game you are about to play, if you press Y, a 'File Info' menu pops up with three options. X = cheats, Y = Settigns, and A = OK. When I press X normally, the list of cheats will appear. However, when I press X now, nothing happens. I can still access Settings when I press Y though.

5. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Did you try putting your old cheat DB back on?

If that works, there's something wrong with your new DB.
    If it doesn't, there's something wrong with Wood, and it'd be a good idea to reinstall.

6. chap_o
    OP

chap_o Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2013
    Looks like it could be the DB - put in a different one and have not it to work. Thanks all.