Hacking Confused about 1 thing concerning FlashMe

ron555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I've flashed my ds (insulated foil toothpick) and I did my research before I even attempted it.

However, I'm still a little confused about a particular aspect of NoFlashMe.nds.

If I use NoFlashMe, will it restore MY original US NDS Lite firmware or the one embedded within the NoFlashMe code?

Thanks

XxMxVxPxX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kind of. with the ds it does. but i herd that your ds lite gets all screwed up if you unflash it. i dont do it. i think you cant use pictochat. just search because thats all i can think of

edit:
but yeah thats what its supposed to do

ron555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What's it supposed to do?

"If I use NoFlashMe, will it restore MY original US NDS Lite firmware or the one embedded within the NoFlashMe code?"

Which one of these?

illumina

Trophies
XP
Country
since it doesn't work on DS lites, i'm going to say that it restores the firmware that's embedded into the flashme file. If it restored your original firmware, then it would work on DS lites. I could be wrong though.

Pado

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
shouldn't you be able to a sell a DS which is flashed already easier then a non-flashed one
tongue.gif
?? .... I mean ... it's brick-safe
tongue.gif
... Nintendo only gives 1 year warranty anyway ....

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I used to use the norma flashme to skip the welcome screen. Since the supercard goes straight to the menu I installed the stealth. No one can tell your DS is flashed with the stealth unless they insert a supercard
laugh.gif
The only reason to unflash the DS would be to send it back to nintendo.

Its probably cheaper from Nintendo to throw the DS in the bin and send you a new one, I doubt they check to see if flashme is installed anyway. On the new DS lite theirs no sticker like the normal DS covering the SL1, nintendo would have to do more than give the DS a quick look to tell that someones used flashme.

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yep. Flashme_Stealth is the best alternative to Flashme.... "noflashme" is quite useless...
nyanya.gif

we're going off-topic though since nobody answered the question of whether noflashme == original DS firmware ???

ron555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
It's kinda tricky since no one has dumped the DS Lite firmware, so using noflashme on it maybe a bit risky.

I did flash my old NDS Lite then noflashme'ed because I realized it was the wrong firmware (the beta one). Then I went to the real V7 Final and all worked well.

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I did flash my old NDS Lite then noflashme'ed because I realized it was the wrong firmware (the beta one). Then I went to the real V7 Final and all worked well.

Couldn't you just use the "real V7 Final" right after accidently using the beta firmware?
I was under the impression that you didn't have to un-install FlashMe to upgrade to a newer one...
wacko.gif

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the first time i flashed my lite..i accidentally used the wrong verision (v7 for regular DS's)..and when i used the no flashme.nds file to try and uninstall it...it didnt work with flash carts nemore (so sorta worked) but it only had 2 brightness settings..off and on lol...idk if this helps any. when i flashed it using v7 for the lites it regained the 4 brightness settings.

ron555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the first time i flashed my lite..i accidentally used the wrong verision (v7 for regular DS's)..and when i used the no flashme.nds file to try and uninstall it...it didnt work with flash carts nemore (so sorta worked) but it only had 2 brightness settings..off and on lol...idk if this helps any. when i flashed it using v7 for the lites it regained the 4 brightness settings.

Exactly what happened to me. Here's the order.

ORIGINAL FIRMWARE >> Flash me beta >>> Noflashme >> flash me v7 (final) [Works good now]

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Until Flashme is updated to recognize the new DS Lite firmware properly, noflashme will probably give you bugs or have issues. On older DS's however, it works just dandy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs