Conflicting 3DS launch details - Now priced at €349!?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
printing-money.jpg

A new rumor claimed that 3DS will be priced at €349 with a launch date of March 25th!? Has Nintendo finally started on printing monies?[/p]

QUOTE said:
€349 has been noted as the price of the Nintendo 3DS in Europe, a retail source has told Connected Consoles.

The price tag for the device has been a much-talked about topic on forums and social networking sites over the past day or two, with online retailers of The Hut Group listing it for around £300, whilst MCV were told it would retail for a price between £200 and £230.

However, our source claims that despite Nintendo keeping its cards very close to its chest until it makes launch details public next Wednesday, the latest details given to retail head offices was that the 3DS will be launching for a price of €349 – currently converting at around £290, but expect Nintendo to round-up to the big £300 if true.

A March 25 launch date was also mentioned to us, as it was to MCV, along with a €44 price tag for 3DS software.

So if true, we’re in for an expensive year - especially with a great list of 3DS games, including Mario Kart 3D, Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D and Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, already confirmed.

Of course this is still rumour and speculation until Nintendo reveals its launch plans for the Nintendo 3DS on Wednesday, January 19.

icon11.gif
Source

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might be true
after all, they delayed the launch with about 4 months due to insufficient amount of 3ds' produced
they might make it cost a ton and make it cheaper when they can make more

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's about the 10th diffrent price I have seen. If it's anymore than £200 I won't be buying it even though I can afford it. I'm afraid a handheld over £200 is ripping the pish. Nintendo has disappointed me in the last few years with it's games, I have honestly lost faith in them.

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
thegame07 said:
That's about the 10th diffrent price I have seen. If it's anymore than £200 I won't be buying it even though I can afford it. I'm afraid a handheld over £200 is ripping the pish. Nintendo has disappointed me in the last few years with it's games, I have honestly lost faith in them.

Honestly it's not their fault.
If I were to blame anyway in this world then it's bloody pirates!
I don't pirate myself. I buy any game I like.
And to those who can't afford it:
Simply not affording a game is not an excuse to go around stealing!
I hope I didn't sound too mean...
tongue.gif

But yeah I blame pirates..

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheTwoR's said:
thegame07 said:

Honestly it's not their fault.
If I were to blame anyway in this world then it's bloody pirates!
I don't pirate myself. I buy any game I like.
And to those who can't afford it:
Simply not affording a game is not an excuse to go around stealing!
I hope I didn't sound too mean...
tongue.gif

But yeah I blame pirates..
No, don't blame the pirates. Blame the 3rd parties dicking around just to make a quick buck on their shovelware. That's the reason many people pirate, to try before they buy (and never buy... I know I'm guilty of that). If Nintendo were smart, they would actually provide a channel with demos, and an open SDK for devs. Making a console more secure means nothing if you piss off the hackers.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
I kinda remember a saying that my teachers used to drill into my brain when I was younger. "Patience speaks louder than the sword" or something, I forget. I can't wait for the 19th now.
ohmy.gif

PATIENCE IS GOLDEN BITCH :3

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raika said:
I kinda remember a saying that my teachers used to drill into my brain when I was younger. "Patience speaks louder than the sword" or something, I forget. I can't wait for the 19th now.
ohmy.gif

PATIENCE IS GOLDEN BITCH :3

Action is a virtue

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I put my £10 deposit down for my 3DS earlier in my local GAME store. I've set £100 of my wages aside this month for the 3DS fund, another £100 next month, and I get paid on March 25th which seems the likely launch date, or close to it. So I'll have a maximum of about £400 to spend on the system and a couple of games. I'm banking on the system being about £200-£250, anything above that is obscene for a handheld IMHO. I don't care how advanced it is, it's still a handheld machine. If it costs more than the PS3 they can fuckin' forget it.

The good news is that the lovely ladies in my local store are now keeping me up to date with any solid details as and when they arrive, so I expect my phone to be quite busy on the 19th.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
Ugh. People should stop making threads with all these 3DS rumors and simply wait till the 19th.
Seriously. I'm still predicting $269.99 for the US.

This rumor means nothing to me. We must have heard 30 different price rumors by now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte