Conflicting 3DS launch details - Now priced at €349!?

void03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wouldn't be suprised if the price is a bit higher, since they need to cover costs of manufacturing the hardware and stuff.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Argentum Vir said:
TheTwoR's said:
thegame07 said:
That's about the 10th diffrent price I have seen. If it's anymore than £200 I won't be buying it even though I can afford it. I'm afraid a handheld over £200 is ripping the pish. Nintendo has disappointed me in the last few years with it's games, I have honestly lost faith in them.

Honestly it's not their fault.
If I were to blame anyway in this world then it's bloody pirates!
I don't pirate myself. I buy any game I like.
And to those who can't afford it:
Simply not affording a game is not an excuse to go around stealing!
I hope I didn't sound too mean...
tongue.gif

But yeah I blame pirates..
No, don't blame the pirates. Blame the 3rd parties dicking around just to make a quick buck on their shovelware. That's the reason many people pirate, to try before they buy (and never buy... I know I'm guilty of that). If Nintendo were smart, they would actually provide a channel with demos, and an open SDK for devs. Making a console more secure means nothing if you piss off the hackers.
Yep. Demos and/or WAY less shovelware....
I think I'll just wait till the 19 for real solid details and go do something better with my time. (tilt to live) It can be sort of like a birthday present, finding out some more real info about the 3DS! (my birthday is the 18) yay3ds.png

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Argentum Vir said:
No, don't blame the pirates. Blame the 3rd parties dicking around just to make a quick buck on their shovelware. That's the reason many people pirate, to try before they buy (and never buy... I know I'm guilty of that).

Yet, who would pirate shovelware? It's the better games that get pirated, which counters your argument that shovelware begats piracy. It's the other way around, where piracy begats shovelware.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Google is to be believed:
€349 = 465.1123 U.S. dollars

And that's just INSANE. @__@
I can already tell this is a lie, but if somehow it isn't, then Nintendo is retarded. I'm not paying a dime over $300 for the 3DS.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
awssk8er said:
Blaze163 said:

Uhhh... what? 21 million for the URL http://n3dsware.com/?

Who is the one bid?

A prat. Put it this way, I'll be paying about 20 quid for the domain name for Guiding Light Gaming's new website in about an hour. That nets me the site name for a year. That'll do for now. Who the name of tits is gonna pay $21M for something I'm getting for peanuts?

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
void03 said:
Wouldn't be suprised if the price is a bit higher, since they need to cover costs of manufacturing the hardware and stuff.

I'm pretty sure it would cost way more for sony to make a ps3 than it would nintendo to make the 3ds. Also alot of times companys lose money on their hardware sales but gain it back from the games you buy.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
No way. I'd be really surprised if it sells for 300 euros. Actually, I'd be surprised if it sells for more than 250 euros. Regardless, I'm not willing to pay more than 200 euros, so I'll probably have to wait for a bit ^^

Nathan-NL

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
void03 said:
No, cheap ass camera's, mass produced, not very big 3D screens and shit. I'm betting on €/$249,95.

The price that guy found via Google is the converted price from euro to dollar and that's bullshit.

Pirating is not stealing btw, stealing is removing something, while pirating is copying something.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm just gonna wait until we hear something solid. New Zealand and Australia always get nice (read: ridiculous) prices, although I think Japan, ironically, usually gets screwed the most. To be honest, I want one regardless, but if it really IS that expensive, I'll wait a bit. Still, I'm waiting for Nintendo's big announcement until I start panicking about which bank is the best to rob.

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
If its 400 AUD then its not going to be very popular... the psp was only like 360 or something when it came out and that was seen as too expensive. The ds when it was released was only 200...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night