Hacking Confirming how Gateway saves work in Emunand.

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hey guys, seeing all these posts about how saves are getting corrupted I want to make sure I dont have the same thing happen to me. First of, am I correct to assume that saves work the following way:

in Emunand:

- CIA - saves are created on SD Card whenever you save. The yare updated immediately and you do not need to exit the game for the save to "commit". Saves work exactly like they do on eShop games.
- 3ds and 3dz running off of Gateway in Emunand - saves are created on SD Card, but require you to exit the game to "commit" if you do not exit the game and simply shut down 3DS the saves will not be there.

Is that correct?

Now... how do you back up CIA saves?

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For 3ds/3dz as long as you exit through the home menu or press the power button, it will save. It won't "commit" if, say, your battery dies or the game crashes while exiting.

For CIA, you are correct. You can back the saves up using savedatafiler (search google). It puts it in a folder on your SD Card, organized by date (ex: 201503111237)

Use http://3ds.essh.co/ to determine the titleID for each game

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
For 3ds/3dz as long as you exit through the home menu or press the power button, it will save. It won't "commit" if, say, your battery dies or the game crashes while exiting.

For CIA, you are correct. You can back the saves up using savedatafiler (search google). It puts it in a folder on your SD Card, organized by date (ex: 201503111237)

Use http://3ds.essh.co/ to determine the titleID for each game

So if I just drag and drop that CIA save file, can I thn later drag and drop it back and the console will read it? Or do I have to like extract it and inject it etc?

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally I extract using savedatafiler and drag n drop the folders (ex: 201503111237) somewhere safe. Then if I need to put them back, I would just drag em back and use savedatafiler to inject them back into the game. Cia saves have to be injected back in, it's not simply a drag n drop sorta thing.

Keep in mind, I believe some games (especially Pokemon) won't accept an older save than what it last used. Meaning, if you played the game and saved today, and tried to inject a save that you backed up yesterday, it would just corrupt your save.

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally I extract using savedatafiler and drag n drop the folders (ex: 201503111237) somewhere safe. Then if I need to put them back, I would just drag em back and use savedatafiler to inject them back into the game. Cia saves have to be injected back in, it's not simply a drag n drop sorta thing.

Keep in mind, I believe some games (especially Pokemon) won't accept an older save than what it last used. Meaning, if you played the game and saved today, and tried to inject a save that you backed up yesterday, it would just corrupt your save.
Wait wut? Where are you suggesting that data is saved?

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait wut? Where are you suggesting that data is saved?

Cia saves, like eShop saves, are encrypted within the "Nintendo 3DS" folder on the SD Card. You can only back them up by decrypting them using savedatafiler to the "filer" folder. Within the filer folder are the decrypted saves that are ready to backup or modify. Then if you want to use those saves, you must inject them back (i.e. encrypted and copied into the "Nintendo 3DS" folder)

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Deleting the secure value of the savefile with SaveDataFiler removes that check.

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
But with eshop games I can just copy them to another SD card and still use them... cant I back up CIA saves the same way?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it