Not open for further replies.

Skarface05

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have been asked to confirm the release of CIOS rev15. The release will take place tomorrow - ( Friday 13th ) ( no time zone confirmations either )

Please don't think due to it being Friday 13th that this will be a joke or a lie. Waninkoko and I discussed this about 10 minutes before this post and felt it was best for me to post this information as people will be skeptical due to it being Friday the 13th.

So - I will update this post with a link for release as soon as it is available.

P.S. - Beta 7 is working great and as many things improved on the last version.

P.S2 - Sneek is nothing 2 do with Wanins CIOS and is something that is progessing well into the beta 2 phase.

More Info on both apps will come in due course.

superbob

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Good to know ... I suppose we have no confirmed information on what will be on this release.
Just hope it will at least correct all bugs that make ppl use rev13a instead of the latest (rev14), it'll be less confusing ...

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, lets patiently wait till he did it, looks like it will be released very soon
wink.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
superbob said:
Good to know ... I suppose we have no confirmed information on what will be on this release.
Just hope it will at least correct all bugs that make ppl use rev13a instead of the latest (rev14), it'll be less confusing ...

Yep, that's what I'm hoping for too.
Still, whatever comes, I'm happy it's coming.

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why not make the betas wide open to the public? The more people testing the cIOS, the better. Of course there will be lots of "false positives" because of people that don't know what they are doing, but I think it's the best approach. Closed betas has proven so far that it's not the best way to release more stable cIOSes!
smile.gif

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would be a mistake to open cIOS testing to the gen. pub.

the noob to knowledge ratio is 500 to 1 right now and if you guys thought navigating gbatemp sucked when mario came out, imagine all of the worthless posts concerning a beta cIOS....

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nice, that Waninkoko didn`t abandoned the Wii-scene complete, since I thought he would only do updates because of compatibility issues but this seems like he is just doing a regular update to increase the usb-performance... Lovely!

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great news!! I can't wait to test it out.

I wonder if it will still install at IOS249 and 250? Seeing as Ninty stubbed these with an official 4.2 update. Will Rev 15 install to a new Slot to bypass the 4.2 update?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Lothlorian said:
Great news!! I can't wait to test it out.

I wonder if it will still install at IOS249 and 250? Seeing as Ninty stubbed these with an official 4.2 update. Will Rev 15 install to a new Slot to bypass the 4.2 update?

I'm not sure, but wasn't IOS250 that high that it's not overwritten by the 4.2 update?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well i guess the 1st post will be updated if more infos get available. So bumping this thread hopefully gets rid of all other rev15 threads and makes using the forum for other discussion useable.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
I'm not sure, but wasn't IOS250 that high that it's not overwritten by the 4.2 update?

If you use the same version number as something installed then it overwrites what is there afaik, so the version number is not that important as the IOS slot used. (but we can install anything to any slot these days, well just about...)

I'm still in shock that such basic things are used by Nintendo to detect and prevent cIOS.

I expect this thread to be spam filled soon enough and wonder why post it until an actual release is made.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think nintendo did not use 0xffff to stub IOS250 on 4.2. But the cIOS on IOS250 has 0xfff. But you are right if the next update has version 0xffff, it will stub anything that is installed there. Using another slot isn't smart, it only increases the junk you have on Wiis. Only option if you want a different slot would be using some random free IOS slot, so everybody has a different IOS slot for his cIOS backup. But that would result in a mess with cIOS reinstalls...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.