ROM Hack Confirmed ways to dump/restore save files from retail HG/SS ?

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For fuck's sake people. A) Search. This has been answered more times than I can keep track of. B) Don't answer a question unless you know the answer to said question. Nobody gives a shit about your postcount or wants to read your half-informed answers.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Demonbart said:
Rudolph's wifi backup tool and Savsender I guess.

No neither one of those work, as far as I know right now the only way to put your Save Data on the original cart is to solder 2 points on the actual cart and then use a NDS to PC adapter.

adrian2040

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
So the only way to dump and restore my save file from the retail card without ripping it apart would be buying the NDS Adaptor Plus?

CrashmanX

Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CrashmanX said:
JJBro1 said:

NO, that doesn't work. Are you retarded? The Heart Gold and Soul Silver flash carts have special encryption, the only way to get Saves off of them is to open the retail cart and solder 2 points, then buy an NDS cart to PC adapter.

Solder the 2 points to use the game with the normal sav dumper, or buy a nds adapter+ and it dumps your save with out the need of soldering the 2 points. Also IIRC, Chase was working on a new save dumper that works with hg/ss without soldering anything.

CrashmanX

Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
KazoWAR said:
Solder the 2 points to use the game with the normal sav dumper, or buy a nds adapter+ and it dumps your save with out the need of soldering the 2 points. Also IIRC, Chase was working on a new save dumper that works with hg/ss without soldering anything.

Oh, whoops. Also, that doesnt give you the ability to replace said save though, as at least as far as I know.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mocalacace said:
http://www.csdgn.org/files/savhax2.7z

This works for dumping your save (without soldering). But the restoring function does not work

I've never heard of that particular piece of homebrew... where'd it come from?

And to answer the OP, if you don't mind spending the $30 or plan to dump saves reasonably often, the NDS Adapter Plus is definitely a worthwhile purchase. It works wonderfully.

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
battousai8728 said:
I just want to dump my file. Don't really care about restoring. I guess I'll try the savhax. I have an ARDSi, will that work in anyway?

I dont have an AR but if it supports homebrew it should dump the save file fine if you have a slot 2 device

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mocalacace said:
battousai8728 said:
I just want to dump my file. Don't really care about restoring. I guess I'll try the savhax. I have an ARDSi, will that work in anyway?

I dont have an AR but if it supports homebrew it should dump the save file fine if you have a slot 2 device

ARs don't support homebrew, the "AR DSi" has a slot for backing up save files... I heard there's been a recent update for it to back up the HG/SS save files...

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpyMaster said:
Does someone know when the restore function will exist ?
When someone makes something that can do it.

...it's not something that is marked on a calendar and set aside for a release on that day. Why would you think that's how it works? Until it's released, you can assume that it's either being worked on or the people who were working on it couldn't figure it out. In either case, your input does nothing.

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpyMaster said:
Does someone know when the restore function will exist ?

Currently they dont even know if they will get it working, but you can always crack open the cartridge and solder the eeprom to pin 4 or whatever.

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BerserkLeon said:
mocalacace said:
battousai8728 said:

ARs don't support homebrew, the "AR DSi" has a slot for backing up save files... I heard there's been a recent update for it to back up the HG/SS save files...

o.o where did you hear this and how do i update??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM