Confirmed, Sonic Colors Co-op multiplayer + Gameplay vid

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Range-TE, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Range-TE
    OP

Member Range-TE GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    Game Land Act 2

Dig Underground

Team Work

Source, Sonic Stadium

as to what those 2 Blue and Red Sonic's are, they are Robo-Sonic's
    [​IMG]
    they're ok but seriously, why not just 2 Different Colored Metal Sonic Copies?

2. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I thought the game looked pretty good before... but those videos were pretty bad.

3. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    I'm loving the invincibility theme, but it sounds familiar... [​IMG]

4. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    Because that would make too much sense.

5. Range-TE
    OP

Member Range-TE GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    thankfully though,this co op mode is just an extra, it's not required at all.
    just like the wisps, they're not required to finish the game, like the Shields in the Genesis Sonic
    (Takashi Iizuka confirmed that the wisp aren't required to finish the game, just for exploration to those who wants to use it.)

6. jackdanielchan

Member jackdanielchan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    If I remember correctly past multi-player game modes on 3D Sonic Platformers (bar '06) had a terrible frame rate slow down, at least SEGA tried to fix it this time...

7. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    Gameplay-wise this looks pretty nice. I bet this is gonna be much fun playing this and bumping into each other while trying some fancy things [​IMG] I also don`t mind, that the Co-Op-Mode will be a little bit more focused on the Wisps, since I think by combining them there could be interesting things to discover.

I also thought that doing the ground-pound in the Multiplayer of NSMBWii was always really fun (because you needed to do it simultaneously - 1, 2, 3 - now!!! [​IMG]) and I think doing the Wisp-action needs this coordination as well, which I found quite amusing [​IMG]

I like it artistically as well, since it reminds me of the Mirrors Edge DLC, where you have these strange shapes and these flashy colors... really does look like something out of a simulation. I also like how they designed these simulated Sonics. Looks hilarious with those strange antennas and the belts [​IMG]

How so? Just so you guys know since this is said to emulate Sonic in an environment made by Robotnik it has to be Sonic (here as a simulated version) who is send through it... Not Metal!

Sonic=/=Metal (for example Metal is said to be faster...) ->just to go with you`re discussion about sense in a Sonic-game [​IMG]

I hope this is not going to be one of those "why is Sonic riding a car?"-discussion [​IMG]

Also here is a Multiplayer Preview of this Co-Op-Mode by IGN.

8. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    Its sad that SEGA needs an old developer from the Genesis days to help them make a game that looks decents. However, the verdict is the gameplay.

9. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Co-op looks awesome
    It's the theme song.