NULL

CONFIRMED: No roadblocks for 7.0.1 Support on SXOS

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by tinkle, Mar 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaybag182

Kaybag182 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2018
    Australia
    All SX users have to do is download xci file to hard drive. Plug hard drive into switch. Click play. No transferring of files. No installing.

2. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Addict

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    Sony did with OtherOS

3. blahblah

blahblah GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2018
    United States
    I am not going to Google for you, but if you were vaugely technical, you would understand how systems like the Windows 'diagnose my network' one works. A device can scan a range until it finds other devices. It can then attempt to connect to the Internet, using that device. There are so many ways to do this - looking for a MAC associated with a router vendor, blindly scanning, attempting the list of common default addresses, etc. Lots and lots. Devices announce themselves. Your router is shouting 'hey, I'm a BlahBlahBlah Brand X1927 Wireless Router! Internet here!'. And because you are connected to a WiFi network - even one without internet - the device you are using can do that kind of scanning. And lots of devices do.

That is the slowest and least reliable way I have heard to transfer files to the Switch yet.

Stay off YouTube. The super duper easy to use starter pack you are looking for exists, you are just unwilling to use it. You would rather pay for an old version of the free stuff. Which is a thing that people do, but it isn't justifiable on 'rah rah TIME' grounds. Those YouTube videos will tell you to use Kosmos. Kosmos works just fine, it's just not my taste to install random stuff that you may not need. The random stuff Kosmos - which has been a thing since the dawn of time - bundles is largely the same stuff that SX bundles. SX isn't trustworthy just because you have heard of them and that their stuff costs money. They aren't inherently more trustworthy than the Kosmos folks.

A video from several months ago that links Kosmos would work today. You'd click the link in the video, go to the Kosmos site and the site will spit out a current, up-to-date zip that you extract to mSD. Boot their payload and that's it. They even include a working title installer, rather than forcing you to visit an internet forum and read a one page thread to discover which title installers work on 7.X. Oh, the agony.

Goldleaf is a nicer (and safer) title installer than what SX bundles. You should have been using it already, but that's on you.

Yes. If you are not capable of reading stuff, you are not capable of normal (non-Pay) piracy. Time for you to be going.

Last edited by blahblah, Mar 17, 2019
    DayVeeBoi and CloudLep like this.
  4. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    50+ pages and still UNCONFIRMED

CloudLep likes this.
  5. blahblah

blahblah GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2018
    United States
    Yeah, umm, that sucks. Switching games through the gallery sucks. Breaking core system functionality like handheld mode sucks. Getting yourself into a weird, unsupported state where you have lots of storage on non-mSD mediums that you will likely never be able to use on the Switch under a CFW that is actively maintained sucks.

Do things the right way. Try to stay as close as possible to what Nintendo has third party developers do on their development consoles so as to avoid needing patches that are not required by everyone else. You grab an NSP/NCA and you install it to mSD.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Confirmed: SX is 'rocking' the 6.2.0 scene in 2020!

Last edited by blahblah, Mar 17, 2019
    DayVeeBoi, CloudLep and ghjfdtg like this.
  6. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    CONFIRMED :D

I supports SX but the way they're doing to deal with their customers is just unrespect. At least to officially announce a sentence on the main page that they're doing something but there's nothing.

7. TotalJustice

TotalJustice GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2017
    United Kingdom
    100 hours?

8. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    dragging and dropping is pretty hard for some people apparently

DayVeeBoi and natkoden like this.
  9. DeuX

DeuX GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2018
    Switzerland
    Are we seriously arguing how hard is to source and install NSPs on Atmosphere?

Open Tinfoil, Select game and press install. Done

0F7485A9-903F-46ED-8039-5B1693A3A675.

10. shanefromoz

shanefromoz GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 18, 2007
    Australia
    Why the rush to update to 7.0.X with sxos?
    I have 2 switches both with sxos and dont need 7.0.X for anything

Ita54_2 likes this.
  11. jorgesd

jorgesd GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2018
    East Timor
    i think the people here who is arguing about sxos 7.0 is the fact that a free cfw got a fast support (cracking 7.0 security measures and all that stuff) and a paid solution like sx os struggles (like a month) to give the same support. So what will happen when nintendo decides to implement an even more severe security measure to prevent cfw to boot? Will TX team be able to deal with it?

[OFFTOPIC] Hi, i have a question. Are you banned? or are you using one of those method tho prevent nintendo servers to detect cfw? xd

DayVeeBoi likes this.
  12. altorn

altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 15, 2007
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario
    not as silly as how everyone's been behaving here, though, isn't it?
    anyway, please subscribe to my channel and you'll get a fortnite skin!

13. DeuX

DeuX GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2018
    Switzerland
    I use a pihole blocking all servers except the the connectivity test server. I’m still not banned since like almost one year

jorgesd likes this.
  14. natkoden

natkoden GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
    I bought a switch and the same day I was rocking atmosphere.

All I did was download a zip file, extract it to a micro SD card and push a payload with TegraRCM. It was probably 37 seconds of my life. What's difficult about it?

If you don't know how to use it, it's your fault and only your fault.

I assume you don't have a cellphone or a PC. Or maybe you do, but when you have an issue you just pay someone to solve that for you.

Imagine having to troubleshoot something so trivial...

Enjoy taping a huge HDD to the back of your switch. Handheld mode was never this comfortable!

CloudLep and ghjfdtg like this.
  15. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    You can use an usb type-c pd hub/adapter for hdd and battery/charger. It's just a cable or so, the same way as plugging the power supply or powerbank to the Switch. The Switch is never that comfortable to play with on handheld mode.

16. altorn

altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 15, 2007
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario
    I did it, mum!

17. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Addict

Jun 26, 2015
    Tonight is the night :yay:

18. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    I doubt that :nayps3:

19. natkoden

natkoden GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
    if you say so

please let nintendo know about this

CloudLep likes this.
  20. Cortexfou

Cortexfou GBAtemp Fan

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    51 pages and it's always the same messages ... those who say compatibility 7.0 is not in a hurry and say to be patient, those who rage on TX because of hate or impatience and those who naively defend TX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.