Status
Not open for further replies.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It still takes a long time to transfer and then install to sd card compared to playing xci straight from usb. Even copying xci to micro sd card takes less time to do than to install to micro sd. Also micro sd cards are expensive compared to hard drives, are slower and don't have the same storage capability.

I can do everything you can do - and more, that's the point. I have an option of sx os or Atmos - while people sticking with just atmos have far less options. You're wasting your time arguing - anyone with common sense knows that if you have sx + atmos you have far more features than with just atmos alone.

Lol, I've got all 3 major cfw's, I don't really care about how long it takes for me to install a large game (bout 3-5 minutes tops) smaller games are quicker. I don't even really use my console for playing game, more often than not at the moment I'm using it to test stuff

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I think this post is going to get to 50 pages before Tx release an update :)

same with NSP files, a regular nand backup and get your files from trusted sources :)

Yep, also playing xci + nsp from emunand - not a big deal really if you brick your emunand, as it can be reinstalled fairly easily. That's why I only play 'pirated' games on emunand - and original cartridges on Sysnand+emunand. (not got a ninty account or am intending on getting one either as I have no intention of playing online or buying games where in the future they can be removed at any point. At least with the physical game you'll always have it.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.. the topic is that there are no roadblocks for 7.0.1 for sxos :D so go on..
In my humble opinion, discussing how it's reasonable to believe there are roadblocks would qualify as on topic.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and with Sx OS there is no need for Tinfoil+Fluffy, just paste and your done.

really, employees of TX in these threads ? :unsure:. as for 'anything critical' I think you've trolled many TX posts being critical and with little or no praise:(
If I were TX, I'd plant some people on GBATemp. It'd be unreasonable not to. And my posts have garnered more than little or no praise.

All my nsp/xci/dlc/updates are stored on 2 different hard drives - I don't need to transfer anything from my computer. I just plug the hard drive straight into the dock and away I go. I can have hundreds of xci on the drive and play any of them without needing to install anything. You're limited to 32gig (less) of nand space and say for example you want to play doom + the update, it takes you ages to install and takes up most of your system storage. I have a custom xci - plug the hard drive in and play and don't take up any space on my system storage. You'd need to uninstall then install if you wanted to play wolfenstein and then doom - so time wise - you're losing this argument whether you admit it or not.
You seem to be misunderstanding me. First, the time it takes you to put XCI files onto any USB drives is the same time it takes me to install an NSP from my computer to the Switch. Second, I'm not any more limited to the NAND storage than you are. I have an SD card, so that makes the rest of your post moot.

Last edited by Lacius,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
You seem to be misunderstanding me. First, the time it takes you to put XCI files onto any USB drives is the same time it takes me to install an NSP from my computer to the Switch. Second, I'm not any more limited to the NAND storage than you are. I have an SD card, so that makes the rest of your post moot.

Not really - say I have a 128GB micro sd card and I've used 120GB of it with games I have installed, you have the same size micro sd card but want to play a game that 15GB - you need to uninstall to make space for it, I don't - I just get my 2TB hard drive and play the xci from USB without removing/installing anything. Also I'm using emunand - can reboot my switch to sysnand and go online safely.

Now as much as you dislike that fact - it's true, so admit it to yourself that you're limiting yourself, you're only fooling yourself if you don't.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really - say I have a 128GB micro sd card and I've used 120GB of it with games I have installed, you have the same size micro sd card but want to play a game that 15GB - you need to uninstall to make space for it, I don't - I just get my 2TB hard drive and play the xci from USB without removing/installing anything. Also I'm using emunand - can reboot my switch to sysnand and go online safely.

Now as much as you dislike that fact - it's true, so admit it to yourself that you're limiting yourself, you're only fooling yourself if you don't.
It takes as much time for me to delete a game from my Switch as it does for you to delete a game from your USB device. I don't see what's worth the money.

I also don't like the idea of using a device attached to the Switch when portable.

Reactions: Deleted User

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
It takes as much time for me to delete a game from my Switch as it does for you to delete a game from your USB device. I don't see what's worth the money.

I also don't like the idea of using a device attached to the Switch when portable.

I don't need to delete anything from the USB though - or the micro sd card - that's a point you're failing to grasp.

mrjoshuaco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You people argue use cases that aren't yours as if they're universal negatives/positives. You can't be surprised when portability isn't an issue for some folks considering they've effectively consolidated their product lines. For some, they're replacing a Wii or WiiU as opposed to a 3DS and couldn't be assed to care about portability, especially when it runs better docked (in some games more than others). This is just an example, but you all need to stop pretending that some of these preferences are axiomatic or objectively better. Again, use case matters - it ALWAYS matters.

Reactions: SpaceJump

Meepers55

Flintstones Regular
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sx-os-crack-thread.507934/page-30#post-8132725
Come on, you can do it. only 10 pages to go until you tie the garbage thread record.

just reading through this thread is like deja vu from that thread. lol
Actually I think the leading thread is the ktemkin drama thread at a whopping 74 pages and that is not even taking into account the massive amount of removed posts. Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to click "Unwatch Thread" immediately after posting this message.

Reactions: Meepers55

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Enjoy the slower loading times with XCI due to tons of obfuscation (MIPS VM). Installed games don't have slow downs at all unless you are using cheapo/fake microSD's.

slower, by how much ? I can't say I've noticed and I've installed a few NSP files that I couldn't get at that time in XCI format ( and I've noticed NSP files take along time to install if they are large.) but later on I've downloaded the XCI version and I've not noticed any slower loading :unsure:

just curious, how many files are created by say Super Mario Odyssey on your Sdcard when you install it from a NSP file, any idea ?

Actually I think the leading thread is the ktemkin drama thread at a whopping 74 pages and that is not even taking into account the massive amount of removed posts. Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to click "Unwatch Thread" immediately after posting this message.

you've been wise up til now to stay out of this thread Draxzelex :)

it's going to get to 50 pages :D

Last edited by JoeBloggs777,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just curious, how many files are created by say Super Mario Odyssey on your Sdcard when you install from a NSP file, any idea ?
With regular eshop stuff at least (don't know much about NSP crap, and no, the eshop doesn't use NSPs) there's a control NCA, meta NCA, a program NCA which is split into~ 4gb parts (even on exfat) and there's sometimes a manual or legal information NCA. So start at 3 and add an additional file for every ~4gb of storage the game uses and then add another if the game have a manual and/or legal information NCA. Super Mario Odyssey is 5.5gb according to the eshop page, so it probably has 4-5 files

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night