CONFIRMED: No roadblocks for 7.0.1 Support on SXOS

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by tinkle, Mar 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meepers55

Meepers55 Flintstones Regular

Aug 7, 2018
    United States
    They wouldn't have repeated it if you didn't constantly misinterpret what they were saying. As I said before, their statement wasn't even worth a response. If you ignored them, no bickering would have occurred.

The few people bickering on this thread do not equate to most people, let alone most people on this website.

No, every single person bickering over such a trivial matter in this thread is childish, regardless of which side they're on.

The "it's an analogy" excuse makes you sounds like my programming professor. There's literally no reason to reference Trump, and your "analogy" wasn't even a half-decent one.

ghjfdtg likes this.
  2. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    I don't know about you guys but when there are no roadblocks on the road to my deatination I usually don't take forever to get there... In fact; I get there even faster.

WTF TX we need this update... It's getting ridiculous the time we are waiting for it!

CloudLep likes this.
  3. tomazzzi

tomazzzi GBAtemp Regular

Jul 13, 2007

Damn get a life it's been only one month since 7.01 update !!!

Sx pro has a lot of features to update ! NO ROADBLOCKS does NOT means NO WORK !!!

You r the only ridiculous here.

Last edited by tomazzzi, Mar 15, 2019
  4. CloudLep

CloudLep GBAtemp Regular

Feb 14, 2013
    United States
    its not like tx has to do that much work, 90% of it is taken from atmosphere:rofl2:

ghjfdtg likes this.
  5. tomazzzi

tomazzzi GBAtemp Regular

Jul 13, 2007
    Sure emunand XCI loading and many more are taken from atmoshpere …..

You do not have a clue about what you r talking about...

6. IPLbug

IPLbug Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2018
    United States
    Under Your bed stealing your data
    Not to sound like a fan boy of Sx Os but realistically that’s not really the case anymore there a lot of things that atmosphere doesn’t have. Yes it’s granted the moment the usb exploit to pawn the switch was released they jump on it and used part of the initial atmosphere release to build there own Sx Os but coding wise there’s not much left of it so to 90% is pretty far fetched At lest to me. People we say well every time atmosphere gets updated Sx Os gets updated right after as a argument to maintain this claim there ripping off the free source CFW and I know no matter what anyone says people will keep repeating that but the way I see it I’m sure there not just waiting on atmosphere every single update to just copy paste it cause they really can’t atmosphere in it current incarnation is completely incompatible with Sx Os code structure wise and anyone that knows anything can confirm this just by looking at the code itself.

7. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    Reposting cause who reads 36 pages...

In my opinion, TX has four options, but only the first two I can see as viable for them to do.

Viable
    • Use sept and admit they use atmosphere based code
    • Not use sept and not have 7.0.x+ support
    Not Viable
    • Get hold of the key to sign sept
    • Use a non sept exploit
    I posted the reason why I think the latter two aren't viable HERE, I also explained to the best of my knowledge what happened to get to this current point in exploits here

8. toxic9

toxic9 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2016
    the run for dongles to inject cfw has stopped long time ago. old users have their own dongle. new users have an ipatched console.
    so, if they are not making money for old or new users, why should they bother to release something now..?

9. IPLbug

IPLbug Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2018
    United States
    The 3rd viable option is find the same exploit used by atmosphere make there own sept encryption and release update but of course they can manage to code in other thing but aren’t smart enough to do that from what people think it seems

10. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    That's point 3 or the first non-viable one, if they did have the keys they would have already released 7.x support.

I elaborated why I think they weren't in the first linked post

If by some chance they do and they release it and it gets made public it screws everyone else over so it's in everyones best interest if they didn't. If it does get made public then we end up with another smmu. (see second linked post) and no 8.0 support for ages if at all

11. IPLbug

IPLbug Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2018
    United States
    They can find the same exploit and use the exact method of encryption or different one to avoid burning it just as the open source option has done so It seems to me there redoing the entire structure of there code to be able to incorporate there encryption method to protect whatever method there using now and that breaks a lot of the code and seeing how many features they have it not easy to make sure everything runs and doesn’t cause a brick in the every environmental possibility.
    This is my opinion purely from my experience as security researcher

12. Goffrier

Goffrier Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2018
    United States
    wow 37 pages of salt ggwp

13. natkoden

natkoden https://bit.ly/2UDJdns

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
    Actually it's been 45 days.

Closer to the 2 month mark

14. tomazzzi

tomazzzi GBAtemp Regular

Jul 13, 2007
    Ita54_2 likes this.
  15. JoeBloggs777

JoeBloggs777 GBAtemp Fan

May 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Reinix only came out with 7.X support the other day using sept with the Atmos splash screen and that's not the finished version

16. lembi2001

lembi2001 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2015
  17. natkoden

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
  18. lembi2001

lembi2001 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2015
    The Switch 7.0.0 system update was released on January 28, 2019.

19. tomazzzi

tomazzzi GBAtemp Regular

Jul 13, 2007

The LAST firmware came out less than a month ago so man please….
    People DO not give a shit about 7.00 only support they need both so the work is to do for both !

Get a life and wait.

Last edited by tomazzzi, Mar 15, 2019
  20. natkoden

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
    You make me laugh.
    Just a question, what was TX doing between the release of 7.0.0 and 7.0.1? 21 days without updates....

45 days and counting :)

yonasz, ghjfdtg and thaikhoa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.