Hacking CONFIRMED: No roadblocks for 7.0.1 Support on SXOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That's true, but I didn't really feel the need to point it out. Considering how much thin ice they're on, they really can't afford to do anything stupid (though I guess one could argue that their current silence is something stupid).

Not that I really expect TX to put the effort anyway, but hey if it happens I'll gladly eat my words.

No worries, pointing out the obvious seems to be needed here for quite a few users though as they either choose not to, or just don't think things through.

I find it amusing that the number of SX OS haters quite vehemently post about lack of SX OS updates, when the majority of SX OS users appear to be quite happy with what we have at the moment, as there is no killer 7.0 only title released as yet. I know I certainly haven't played through my 6.2 and below backlog of nearly 2000 titles.

When the 7.0 specific titles appear, then I expect there to be some noise from the SX OS userbase about updates, otherwise we have no FOMO like some other free CFW users appear to have.

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
:) yes that's a bit of a problem, maybe it's a good reason why tx have to and will support 7.x :unsure:

but then again, StargateNX has had a lot of stick from users on here and maybe the number of subscribers is a lot lower than they hoped for, so maybe it's not making money and it's time to cut their losses with StargateNX and SX :O

but if they changed their prices so people thought it was worth while then maybe it could be a success and SX and StargateNx could feed off each other and increases sales for them both.

thou i can find games easily on the net, if you can go to one source for all the games, up dates and dlc's and you know the games are safe, then I might subscribe. remember all the scares when a major game comes out, is it safe or will it brick your switch. if you knew the games had been tested already and safe then that's another reason to subscribe.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're right, I can't believe you used SX OS for 9 months either, since it was only released on Jun 18 2018 and you've been vehemently against it from at least November 2018.. I couldn't be bothered looking at your earlier posts.

You've used it AT BEST for 5 months, if you've even used it at all.
Just because people don't share your opinion doesn't mean they're somehow wrong or lying. He has likely used SX OS, and he doesn't like it. There is reason to believe TX won't ever update SX OS to support 7.0.x. These are facts you're just going to have to deal with.

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just because people don't share your opinion doesn't mean they're somehow wrong or lying. He has likely used SX OS, and he doesn't like it. There is reason to believe TX won't ever update SX OS to support 7.0.x. These are facts you're just going to have to deal with.

the fact is he must have liked it because he used it for 9 months when he could have used Atmos in all that time instead. something Pi$$ed him off so he now has become a hater.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A home console of course.
You forgot the portables :P
Game-Gear-Handheld.jpg

Sega-Nomad-Front.jpg

Would never consider ever using something as stupid as Stargate.
What have you got against that show?:P I like that show (SG-1), and own a few seasons DVD of the shows no need to make fun of a great show:
I even have a movie of the original Stargate somewhere. I mean, don't you want to be able to travel from planet to planet all across the universe? ;)
p184337_b_v8_ae.jpg

If it's true that TX is releasing 7.0.1 support this week, either they've decided to use sept, or _Bison_ was able to convince one of the Atmosphere devs..
Are you sure convince is the right word to use? What about bribe? :wink:

and nobody should buy SX OS until 7.0.x support is released.
I have to agree with this. It makes much more sense to wait and see.
Why waste money on something that has a probability of not being updated and thus not compatible with future games?

I do hope Emunand does become available for other CFW and not resigned to SX OS.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You forgot the portables :P
Game-Gear-Handheld.jpg

Sega-Nomad-Front.jpg

What have you got against that show?:P I like that show (SG-1), and own a few seasons DVD of the shows no need to make fun of a great show:
I even have a movie of the original Stargate somewhere. I mean, don't you want to be able to travel from planet to planet all across the universe? ;)
p184337_b_v8_ae.jpg

Are you sure convince is the right word to use? What about bribe? :wink:

I have to agree with this. It makes much more sense to wait and see.
Why waste money on something that has a probability of not being updated and thus not compatible with future games?

I do hope Emunand does become available for other CFW and not resigned to SX OS.

SG-1 is amazing... top 3 favorite shows without a doubt. I think it's my favorite, actually... yeah, it is.

Reactions: RandomUser

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

That whole comment just seem so ironic with the pot calling the kettle black.

Also I do not think you know what the word ''fact'' actually means from your displayed use of it to describe something of possibility - or has Trump's usage of ''fact'' been accepted as the new official definition of the word?

There is ample reason to believe (or should I use your favourite word Lacias - ''might''?) SO OS IS going to update to support 7.0.x, based on the delays from previous Nintendo firmware updates and a trusted GBAtemp user (JSON) saying it is coming soon. Regardless of an impending 7.0.x update or not, I have NO REASON CURRENTLY to update to firmware 7.0.x. so the braying from SX OS haters about ''no 7.0.x'' is pointless UNTIL a AAA 7.0.x title appears, imo.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the fact is he must have liked it because he used it for 9 months when he could have used Atmos in all that time instead. something Pi$$ed him off so he now has become a hater.

From what I can see the USB port going to sleep when the console is put in sleep mode is what pissed him off.

He would load an XCI image, then get annoyed that the game would eject when the console was put into sleep mode.

As I posted earlier... DUHHHHHH. There is no way I would expect ANY mobile device in hibernation mode to keep the USB ports active and powered - that would totally defeat the purpose of sleep mode and power saving in the first place.

I'll do some testing tonight with my dock and USB HDD and sleep mode to see if the dock does the same thing with disabling USB when in sleep mode.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By definition
fact
/fakt/
noun
plural noun: facts
  1. a thing that is known or proved to be true.
Please provide evidence of your claim "TX won't ever update SX OS to support 7.0.X." Or did you use the word fact when you meant to say "my opinion"? lol

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I can see the USB port going to sleep when the console is put in sleep mode is what pissed him off.

He would load an XCI image, then get annoyed that the game would eject when the console was put into sleep mode.

As I posted earlier... DUHHHHHH. There is no way I would expect ANY mobile device in hibernation mode to keep the USB ports active and powered - that would totally defeat the purpose of sleep mode and power saving in the first place.

I'll do some testing tonight with my dock and USB HDD and sleep mode to see if the dock does the same thing with disabling USB when in sleep mode.

Just remember this fact: It's possible that sx may get 7.x support. It's also very possible that they may not get support.

Easiest way to reach 8K posts? Repeat yourself constantly with replies that offer ZERO substance.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That whole comment just seem so ironic with the pot calling the kettle black.

Also I do not think you know what the word ''fact'' actually means from your displayed use of it to describe something of possibility - or has Trump's usage of ''fact'' been accepted as the new official definition of the word?

There is ample reason to believe (or should I use your favourite word Lacias - ''might''?) SO OS IS going to update to support 7.0.x, based on the delays from previous Nintendo firmware updates and a trusted GBAtemp user (JSON) saying it is coming soon. Regardless of an impending 7.0.x update or not, I have NO REASON CURRENTLY to update to firmware 7.0.x. so the braying from SX OS haters about ''no 7.0.x'' is pointless UNTIL a AAA 7.0.x title appears, imo.

realy? that makes USB loading even more convenient

that's it, i'm buying 3 licenses right now

Who cares about 7.0? not a single game needs it

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By definition
fact
/fakt/
noun
Please provide evidence of your claim "TX won't ever update SX OS to support 7.0.X." Or did you use the word fact when you meant to say "my opinion"? lol
Well, you kinda missed an important part to his statement.
There is reason to believe TX won't ever update SX OS to support 7.0.x.

Meepers55

Flintstones Regular
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're merely stating it's a fact that there's reason to believe that TX won't update, which is true. There's also reason to believe that they will update SX OS. Most people would acknowledge both of these as fact, and ignore the statement since such a passing statement is not really worth a response.

Also, there's literally no reason to bring Trump into a conversation about CFW.

Reactions: natkoden

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
By definition
fact
/fakt/
noun

There is reason to believe TX won't ever update SX OS to support 7.0.x. <- fact

very different to

"TX won't ever update SX OS"

please guys, try harder next time

daddy TX will spank you :(

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
As others have said...

Lacius has been offering reasons to believe an SX OS update for 7.0.x compatibility will never come, which he's also been saying you can choose to not believe. Literally just saying why it could not happen, not stating why it will not happen.

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As others have said...

Lacius has been offering reasons to believe an SX OS update for 7.0.x compatibility will never come, which he's also been saying you can choose to not believe. Literally just saying why it could not happen, not stating why it will not happen.

It'd be more helpful for him to repeat his reasons (not point us to his older posts) instead of repeating inessential redundant garbage, some of which you eloquently laid out.

Reactions: gizmomelb

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By definition
fact
/fakt/
noun
I didn't claim TX won't ever update to support 7.0.x. Reread my posts.

I'm not going to repeat my previous posts, as I've done that numerous times already. Go back to the beginning of the thread.

Last edited by Lacius,

DNStuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Install the game with sx installer, I guess nsp format is the only option to do this? And maybe there will be patched versions like some .xci games previously had or is that out of the possibilities now?

I am pretty sure this is exactly what I have used. I am on SX OS and I put the game on a USB stick, connected it to the dock and installed it with SX OS or is the installer a new tool that's separate and a tinfoil rip off?

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am pretty sure this is exactly what I have used. I am on SX OS and I put the game on a USB stick, connected it to the dock and installed it with SX OS or is the installer a new tool that's separate and a tinfoil rip off?

Use SX Installer (not the album installer). SX Installer ignores the FW requirement automatically, which allows you to play 7.x games on 6.2. The album installer does not ignore FW.

Reactions: gizmomelb

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the SX OS haters love to rehash the same old arguments around and around in a circle.. they might, they might not.. now there is a fact for you.

SX installer v1.5 is a separate downloadable utility from the SX OS web site - which was donated to TX by the author of Tinfoil DZ, who has then updated it and renamed it Lithium - which is much faster as it doesn't display the icons etc. so now you have different options on how to install games from network, FTP, HTTP, USB HDD, USB from a NUT server etc.

They're merely stating it's a fact that there's reason to believe that TX won't update, which is true. There's also reason to believe that they will update SX OS. Most people would acknowledge both of these as fact, and ignore the statement since such a passing statement is not really worth a response.

But stating it multiple times, every fucking page is only boosting their post count and satisfying their narcististic desires for attention.

Most people would acknowleedge both of these as fact? Then why is that the constant argument for the past 36 pages that TX *WON'T* be bringing out a 7.0 compliant CFW?

The school ground repetitious chanting of ''no 7.0'' from the SX OS hater publically shows their childish mentality.

Also, there's literally no reason to bring Trump into a conversation about CFW.

It's an analogy to show that if you repeat something enough, some people eventually believe what you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone